Which one do you want to see terminal performance on 208 LRHT or 220 LRHT???

@7.62 Gunner have you trimmed meplats and opened with drill bit?
36ABB809-ECEE-4760-9E9D-E7406FA9B895.jpeg

I killed a 5 point bull last year with a 220 lrht at 300 yards, and a buck at 530 yards.
They opened up ok but I honestly wasn't very impressed with the wound channel.
The bull ran approx 75 yards and just stood there until I hit him again.
The buck was hit low lung and ran almost 1/4 mile.
Here's a pic of the recovered 220 from my bull, it angled through the front of the offside shoulder.

I switched over to 225 eldms and they kill significantly faster
View attachment 411564
That bullet looks like it opened up pretty well to me. And just under the offside skin is about perfect.

208, its more practical to variety of case capacities, 220 haven't been available anywhere, have actually found 208s.

208, its more practical to variety of case capacities, 220 haven't been available anywhere, have actually found 208s.
I've tested the 208's. I have a few posts on them. Everything I have tested on with them performs exactly like a 215. That's why I was leaning towards 220's. In my book 208's are gtg. Plus you can run them 3,080 in a 300 win mag. It's what I did all the testing with.

Update…..in camp. Shot the rifles today. Shot the nosler to 1086 yards at 10" rocks. Had a 8 mph almost 90 degree cross wind. Drop was 21.4 and windage was 3.1. Went 3 for 3 on the rocks. So we are good in that aspect. Saw 60-70 cows. 3 groups. Some smaller bulls. Got started late. Start hunting in the morning. We will see how many days it takes for a 220 LRHT to strike home.

Well hunt was a success.....shot a little iffy. Shooting the 220 LRHT's. Shot was quartering away slightly 755 yards. It was just before dark and there was not much light for an 53 year old who has to have reading glasses to see close. Tangent Theta was the scope (Unbelievable scope for sure). So the turret marks are very faint and small. In low light you can not see them well. So it was suppose to be a 11.5 moa dial. Not being able to see I dialed it around 12.7 and the bullet struck 8" high. My bad. Next time bring readers. Did not have a light to light up the turret not even my phone. That being said at the bullet struck high and took out right lung, part of left lung and destroyed spinal. The bullet was in a several pieces. We could not find the main core of the bullet. Velocity should have been around 2280 or so.

Before the hunt I will say I was hitting a 12" rock on hill side before the hunt at 1,086 yards. Went 3 for 3 on it. So the BC was spot on as I discovered back home.

So not my intended perfect scenario of shooting but end result was a kill and quick dispatch.

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0219.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

Will do better on the next one.