Which is more frustrating…?

I find it interesting that so many folks have jumped in to say their $3000 optic is great. My point is what are you buying if you live in a world where your range does not have 5-10 $2500+ optics to look through everyday?

There are plenty of $200-$500 optics that have the same as copy. There are folks claiming SS optics are just as good as X.

Adding to the confusion, looking through them at the local store is all but meaningless as the optical performance in that setting can be quite similar.

I just think optical makers need to be more clear about what each optic actually does.

You seem to have an axe to grind with Chinese people, have they done something nasty to you ?
Cut the gaslighting, I have no problem with Chinese people, and if it was implied I apologize. Enjoy your knock off optics. I would recommend readers buy from established companies with reputations for quality, which I have never seen from anything on aliexpress.

I'll be done now.

Last edited:
There are no topics that seem to promote more widely diverse opinions than scopes and bullets. I believe that most people that would join a forum such as LRH are a bit different than the masses of Call of Duty gun enthusiasts or once a year shooters for lack of a better description. China based companies are capitalizing on cheap labor and copying higher quality manufacturers to flood the market with products exponentially cheaper than North American or European products. Are the China knockoffs the same quality? Absolutely not. Are the non-China made products worth exponentially more $$$? This is a personal decision.
IMO - I try to support the USA companies and our allies when making significant purchasing decisions.

After years of load development and chasing groups to find what would shoot well in out of the box rifles, my first rebarrel with a premium barrel changed everything. I have had 5 rifles rebarrled now and cannot get one of them to shoot a group over an inch no matter what I run through them.
My first experience was fire forming my 280ai. so I was burning up bullets that I could no get to group in my out of the box rifles. The same rifles that could not shoot them well before the rebarrel and custom bedding etc. and now shoot 1/2". A little tuning and often down to 1/4".
What is really important is to have your rifle shoot well with terminal performance bullets matched to the game and conditions you are hunting rather than have the rifle force one to use what it likes. While not cheap by any means to have the custom work done, I'll bet the time and money spent on components "tuning" factory and often finicky files would more than pay for the upgrade. Not to mention the confidence one has with a rifle that is extremely accurate and stable.
I purposely didn't mention brands or rifle makers here. We are lucky to live in a time when there are quite a few folks today that can build such equipment. At least for me the days of frustration are over.
3 shot group off the bench 180 gr 300 WSM federal Trophy bonded tip federal factory ammo at 300 yards. I'm not that good of a shooter to be honest and I'm sure there is some luck here but 1/4" at 100 yards all day.
View attachment 548057
View attachment 548058
Same barrel maker, same custom rile maker obviously different rifle.
WK 181 Z
7.62X39
18 1/2" fully floated
Triggertech Duty 2 stage 3.5lb Zero creep. Flat Trigger
Spina Optics. FFP 3-15x32 SFIR

Military surplus FMJ Bullets
123 grain
COL 2.200
Full length sized
Mixed PPU, S&B, Gecco Brass
0.5 " 4 shot group
100 meters

It's a chicken dinner !

IMG_5892.JPG

Last edited:
I will, but I think it needs to be said sometimes because I've watched lots of new shooters get lied into buying the junk
Why do you say I am lying , do you have even a shred evidence to show that ? If so let's see it.

I have been poor most of my life, but now I have enough bees and honey to buy any and as many scopes I like regardless of the price. I have nothing to gain by lying to anyone, but I know I can help out those who don't have a lot, by sharing my discovery.

Top tier Alpha scopes are not expensive...they are priceless.
No doubt the top tier stuff is sweet I've just found after $2000 ish you don't see big improvements in glass quality or features. My next rifle is gonna get a ZCO.

Have you ever tried one of those scopes ? I very much doubt it, you just don't have a clue.

In past times I spent a fortune on scopes, now I sell my old expensive scopes and buy Spina scopes with the proceeds. They are better quality :D

I can't say I've ever used that brand but I'd bet its comparable to other Chinese brands in the same price range. They do pretty well out to about 5-600 but out past that image quality is usually pretty bad and mirage can be terrible, I shoot ELR distance also and poor glass just wont cut it out at 2 miles

No doubt the top tier stuff is sweet I've just found after $2000 ish you don't see big improvements in glass quality or features. My next rifle is gonna get a ZCO.

I can't say I've ever used that brand but I'd bet its comparable to other Chinese brands in the same price range. They do pretty well out to about 5-600 but out past that image quality is usually pretty bad and mirage can be terrible, I shoot ELR distance also and poor glass just wont cut it out at 2 miles

What glass do you recommend for shooting at night ?