Which Hunting Knife

You guys are really hard on my wallet! 🤣 Just grabbed this one on the last drop. Yes they were gone in minutes. Lightning fast shipping. Beautifully packaged. So far I am impressed. Going to have to pull out an elk roast to test it on.

Question for those who have them, how bad is paracord to clean up if used on game? I like the idea of paracord except for the thought of blood/fat/guts/dirt ground down in it to clean up.

20220719_080237.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade my knife in my kill kit this year before the archery season. I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm a pack hunter. For that reason, I carry one knife, and 100% of the time I use the gutless method to pack out meat. That said, I currently have a brand that uses disposable blades. Personally, I think it's just meh.

I've been thinking maybe a fix blade, and have been eye balling for some time the Benchmade Altitude. What say the wise internet? No budget.
Knives are even more personal, subjective than picking women or scopes. Beauty definitely is in the eye....and hand....of the beholder.

Knives are even more personal, subjective than picking women or scopes. Beauty definitely is in the eye....and hand....of the beholder.
Eh. It IS a preference, for sure.

However in all those things there is a right and a wrong. There is sound logic vs just because.
I rather just let everyone have fun and talk about their favorite knifes for reasons not related to anything. This thread stopped being about me about 11 pages ago.

What do you mean by cleanup and pulling added weight out?

The whole purpose of the gutless method is to leave the entire carcass there after all of the meat has been taken off. You're basically left with, guts intact, a spine, rib cage and pelvis.
I have never had the problem of having a kill so big that I could not drag it out. The extra weight refers to the guts, lungs, etc.

I have never had the problem of having a kill so big that I could not drag it out. The extra weight refers to the guts, lungs, etc.
You drag a deer for 15 miles back to the truck, through varying elevation changes…averaging 5000ft change at about 7-11000ft…with all your other gear you used to stay alive (water, shelter, etc) for say a 5 day hunt?

That's the whole point of the gutless method. You leave all of the "extra weight" there, you don't take it with you. I know there are some states that require the removal of the full carcass, obviously this method doesn't apply there. For me, with the places and animals I normally hunt, there's no way I'm dragging even a deer or pretty much anything out anymore. Dragging just isn't something we do much of out here.