Which hunting and shooting sites do you follow on Facebook or Twitter?

Nada, I don't do Facebook or Twitter, etc.
LRH is my only online addiction. All the rest are hands on, & outdoors.
You just added an ELR section that I'm way stoaked about, & can't wait to keep learning more, from the more experienced ELR guys that help push me past my comfort zone! LRH Rocks! Why look anywhere else Len? :D

I should have elaborated on my initial response as I answered the subject title direct to the point. I do visit hunting and shooting sites (mostly LRH and GB) but not on FB or twitter. I have a FB account ... I don't twit.

I don't use or have accounts with Facebook or Twitter and here's why.

We all should know that once control of personal info is lost, life gets more difficult. During the holidays recently, at a family get-together, someone who works for a large company's I.T. security branch demonstrated how easily personal info could be gathered because of these websites. To demonstrate, she took a few bits of seemingly common/easily gotten info from someone who uses FB and Twitter. As we discussed the problem with her, from her own Ipad, at the dinner table, without leaving the dinner table she printed out that person's life including financial, medical, and other info including some passwords. This took less than 30 minutes. Needless to say, before dessert was served, the shredder got a workout and someone closed accounts. Additionally, she wasn't given the wireless network info at the house but managed to use the network anyway.

The I.T. expert didn't reveal how it was done but did say that accounts like Facebook or Twitter made it easier to do. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see this myself.

Computers make life easier, more convienient, provide better communication, and all the other good stuff one could say BUT it's a double edge sword. The down side of technology is not just ID theft but intrusion by others including those who would just love to know everything you say and do, ie the government. One could also wonder how one is tracked through cell phones, GPS units, On-Star in the car ect.

I still have and use my cell phone, GPS, OnStar and the like. But it can be a bit scary if not threatening when one thinks about how exposed we've become. Remember, they found BinLaden and a few others. They were seriously trying to hide.

Ditto on no twitter or facebook and it ain't gonna happen. The internet is a great tool but thats as far as it goes for me. But then again, I am a dinosaur.........no atv's, no gps (silva forever!), no cell phones, and no friggin radios.
If I want to follow something, i'll just go to their website.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.