Which trail cameras do you guys like or dislike?

Tikkamike

I have been struggling with a trail camera purchase over the last couple weeks. I wanted to spend no more than around $200 and I wanted something with good detection, and range, picture quality on all of them is pretty good now days so I didnt pay much attention to that. Anyone who has looked at trail camers in depth has probably gone into info overload like I did. Magnumitis has quite a few cameras and he really likes Reconyx and Bushnell Trophy Cams, However Reconyx is too expensive for me and I wanted to try and have something different than him. I looked to trailcampro.com and they had a lot of info and some good reviews. Reconyx is top dog in all catagories Bushnell used to be second but in the last week Moultrie has taken the #2 spot.
I already had the original Truthcam 46 (the big one) and i really like it I ultimatley decided to go with the Truthcam 55ultra with the early detection and flashless 65' night range. it is a special edition of the 55 offered only through cabelas. I will hopefully have it up on a bear bait later this month and I will let you know how it works out.
I would like to know what you guys have and like or dislike and why.

I have a Bushnell Trophy HD and like it a lot. I've never had one of the ultra high-end cameras so I can't compare, but my HD takes good pics and is dependable. I like the field scan mode for bow season too.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.