Which Factory 204 Cartridge?

Astropath

Just purchased a nice Rifle in .204 Ruger. 1:12 twist. I am going to use the gun primarily for target shooting and some Coyote hunting. I am happy to see there are a number of manufacturers and bullet weights to choose from. I cannot try them all. Do you have a few cartridges you would recommend I buy to see how the rifle patterns them?

I have tried Hornady 32g Vmax and Winchester with 32g Noslers and they both shoot well. I made a steal of a deal on a case of 200 rounds of the Winchester from Midway last spring at $9.95 per box of 20.

I ordered in some 39g Sierras now to see how well they sail.

If you like the Winchester 32 gr. I have 5 boxes that need a new home where they will be loved :D

As mentioned...the 39 Grain Sierra Blitz Kings shoot fenominal in the .204 Rifles,I'm using a CZ Model 527 .204 "Varmint" Rifle with the longer heavier barrel and it did good with 40 grain Hornady and better with 32 grain Winchester but did the Very Best in accuracy with the SBK bullets.

Luckily I bought up a few boxes of the Federal Loaded 39 grain Sierra Blitz Kings but they are no longer available in my area?

Bandit49 and Wysongdog....are You Guys Re-loading Your own 39 SBK or can You still buy them Factory Loaded in Your Area?I'm down to my last 2 boxes and may have to get someone local to Reload some for Me if I can't find a Dealer/Supplier?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.