Which diameter firing pin for Dasher build 0.062 or 0.075

65WSM

I am building a ground squirrel and prarie dog rifle. I have 8 of these in .17 Fireball to 6 PPC on a falling block. This rifle will be a .22 Dasher for 55 gr expanding bullets. I will use the Bruno's Norma brass. My question is about the firing pin for the PTG custom bolt. What diameter should I order for the small rifle primer cases? Should I choose the Standard 0.075 or the smaller 0.062? What difference does it make? I am also interested in the Tubbs two piece spring "speedlock" 0.075 pin and spring. What would you advise? A very cold 224 Nisqually shooter.jpg

Definatly the .062" for small primers at high pressure. If you go .075" you might blank primers then you would need to get it bushes.

Some would argue the smaller firing pin needs less energy to ignite a primer translating to less cocking force magically.

Some would argue the smaller firing pin needs less energy to ignite a primer translating to less cocking force magically.
The only difference in weight between the .075" and .062" is there end 1/4" of the tip is a smaller diameter. There is no significant weight difference between tip sizes however the smaller firing pin hole is better with small rifle primers in high pressure cases

The only difference in weight between the .075" and .062" is there end 1/4" of the tip is a smaller diameter. There is no significant weight difference between tip sizes however the smaller firing pin hole is better with small rifle primers in high pressure cases

Never mentioned anything about weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.