Where to get Nosler, 7mm, 175 Grain Long Range Accubond Bullets?

I have been trying all sorts of high BC, heavy 7mm bullets that I shoot at 3200-3300 FPS, and having a hard time finding ones that hold together. The 168 and 180 grain bergers explode about 20-30 yards from the muzzle. I can slow them down to around 3000 and they will work. I have talked to berger, and they say with a 31" barrel, and the velocities that I am shooting that the hunting VLD will not work. They recommend their target bullet with the thicker jacket. So I got some of those but havent loaded them up yet in the 180's. The 180 grain SMK's blow up after about 2 shots through the barrel, due to the increased heat. Sierra says that is common for this high of velocity's. I have been shooting the 168 grain solid copper Barnes bullets for now, but the BC is terrible compared to the lead core bullets. So I have talked to Nosler, and they say that their Accubond long range 175 grain will definitely hold together, problem is, is that I cannot find them anywhere. Do you guys know of a place to get a box of them? Thanks.

If you do try the 180 hybrids don't shoot them at anything closer than 350 unless it is a ribs only shot. A shoulder shot at 410 yards absolutely grenaded in a buck I took this year. DRY and Turned lungs to jello but much closer and I don't know if it would have turned out as well. Launched at 3000.

Third generation shooting supply has a bunch of the 168 accubond long ranges in stock. None of the 175's though.

I have a half box (I couldn't get them to shoot in my gun) and I know a guy who has 3 boxes he is trying to get rid of.

Tried to order 5 boxes but every time I type in ALASKA the bastards want over $2700.00 in "TAXES" !

We always get ripped off in shipping charges, regardless if the postal rate is the same to all 50 states, for some reason we always get charged extra because .... OMG ! it's going to Alaska ... $20 more !!

But $2700.00 in TAXES ??
Never heard of such a thing ..... so ****ed off.........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 109
Third generation shooting supply has them in stock.

Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it,.

To others I ordered and tax and everything was fine. I will say though that it did take a couple tries as the ordering system kept erroring out so maybe there was something up with i. But I did get my confirmation email from them. Bought 2 boxes of the 175 LRAB

I am still trying to source some of these bullets, if anyone has any laying around they would want to sell.
I still think you should forget the LRAB's and look into the Berger 180 Hybrids...

I shot Accubonds for the last 7-8 years. But since discovering Bergers 2 years ago, I have never been more impressed with a bullet as i have with Bergers. Especially since you can buy both target and hunting versions of their VLD's, and they both fly EXACTLY the same.

I plan also on using the 180s and 195 when they come out but I want to have the 175 as it seems you can really push the vel and I want to have an alternative that I already have a good worked up load for. In an ideal world all I will basically use with will be the 195s.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.