where the heck are the good .375 bullets?

biff's reloading

All the wind up from Berger about a 375 bullet, then they come out with another match solid I can't use. There's a huge gap in this market in bc bullets between the .400's and those big .800 and up solids. There's the A-tip, but it's way up in price and weight and I doubt my 12 twist rum will shoot them either...another cheytac pill. If there was a .600ish hunting bullet like the amax or eld-x, I'm sure it'd sell far better than the cheytac type bullets. Tons of us with h&h's and rums out here, and I know lots of guys would build a 375 if there were better hunting bullet choices. Are there any in the works? It seems like an obvious hole in the market to me. The 375 rum has about the same bore ratio as a 300wsm so would really shine with some better medium-heavy options. Imagine the wsm with no options between a 150gr and the 230gr. Bout worthless

A 325gr eld-x (or eldm) with .750bc would make the 3/8" guns really take off in popularity I think. I'll keep shooting 270gr speers till it happens.

Haven't shot a 375 in several years, but wasn't impressed with Hornady's offerings. Terminal performance on bear, even relatively smallish ones, was less than I expected.

We have a couple 325gr-350gr tipped expanding bullets on the drawing board for our 375 WSM. Need to find out the BC. Trying to dial them in for a 1600-2600 FPS expansion but that range can be broadened and shifted.

It won't be runs in the millions, but will be available.

Maker bullets does some amazing stuff for us.

That's pretty much what's needed. A good reliable expanding bullet for stuff up to elk. I like the 212eldx in my 300rum, and 208amax in my 300wsm-sized wildcat. They aren't expensive and shoot amazingly well and open up even on woodchucks so they are fun to shoot. Need a .375 version of that.

That's pretty much what's needed. A good reliable expanding bullet for stuff up to elk. I like the 212eldx in my 300rum, and 208amax in my 300wsm-sized wildcat. They aren't expensive and shoot amazingly well and open up even on woodchucks so they are fun to shoot. Need a .375 version of that.

We are huge fans of the ELDX. Unfortunately the Makers arnt that cheap but they ain't $2 each like some of those other crazy high BC 375s. Length is our enemy in the short actions. As soon as I confirm a few measurements, I'll share our projections.

All the wind up from Berger about a 375 bullet, then they come out with another match solid I can't use. There's a huge gap in this market in bc bullets between the .400's and those big .800 and up solids. There's the A-tip, but it's way up in price and weight and I doubt my 12 twist rum will shoot them either...another cheytac pill. If there was a .600ish hunting bullet like the amax or eld-x, I'm sure it'd sell far better than the cheytac type bullets. Tons of us with h&h's and rums out here, and I know lots of guys would build a 375 if there were better hunting bullet choices. Are there any in the works? It seems like an obvious hole in the market to me. The 375 rum has about the same bore ratio as a 300wsm so would really shine with some better medium-heavy options. Imagine the wsm with no options between a 150gr and the 230gr. Bout worthless

A 325gr eld-x (or eldm) with .750bc would make the 3/8" guns really take off in popularity I think. I'll keep shooting 270gr speers till it happens.
Have you seen these?
https://hammerbullets.com/product-tag/375/

Hammer is said to be something else for game performance. I set those aside from this conversation as a .600 minimum BC wasn't met unless it's there 395gr.

Hornady would hold the trophy with an ELDX design.

With copper bullet designs, they end up being super long to gain weight and BC.

Otherwise those hammers would be great if we sacrifice .5-.6 G1 BC

Hammer is said to be something else for game performance. I set those aside from this conversation as a .600 minimum BC wasn't met unless it's there 395gr.

Hornady would hold the trophy with an ELDX design.

With copper bullet designs, they end up being super long to gain weight and BC.

Otherwise those hammers would be great if we sacrifice .5-.6 G1 BC
The 329 gr should exceed a .6 G1 and is recommended for a 12" twist.

Hammers look great. 2 bucks a piece though. A simple cup n core with a plastic tip for under a buck each is all that's needed. fifty cents ish

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.