Whats your go to caller pack?

bdcook

I have a Lucky Duck Revolt and currently use a cheap camo backpack off amazon to carry my caller into the feild. I really hate that bag. Hunting at night, I carry the backpack with my gun a tripod, leave the bag under my tripod and then walk the caller out.

I am really wanting a nicer bag to carry my caller, spare batteries and spare magazines. I know foxpro makes a bag but looking for other ideas.

I have been looking at something like this https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-range-bag-tan but want to see what others are doing.

About what I used . A tool bag made by Ryobi with internal pockets along the sides . Opened it before I left the truck for less noise on the stand . Doing a lot of walking I travel lighter then most .

So another option although it does nothing for extra mags. or batteries, is using a bow holster on your belt to carry the call. That's what I use and it works pretty well for carrying a Revolt, or the Roughneck.
I rarely carry extra batteries as they seem to last for a couple of days off a fresh recharge. Throw extra mags. in cargo pants pocket.

Just a couple of different ideas for ya to consider.

I find that what I carry with me changes with the seasons . It's a different load in the fall and winter then in the spring . And again changes for the hot summer months . In the fall and winter a lot is in my coat pockets instead of the bag . In the spring a lighter jacket is worn but still the pockets are used and just the e-call carried to the stand not in a bag . Most of the time the bag is left at the truck as would spare batteries , ammo and things like that . I put my lanyard with hand calls on my neck and the bag it's self is just used to get my stuff to the truck and back to the house . Every thing has it's place or pocket and is placed in the same location every time so I don't have to search for it I know where it is and don't have to move around a bunch to locate and get it out for use . Less movement , less noise with less carried into the field , oz's equal lb's equals less mobility and more chances to make noise and movements . As time goes on most people tend to figure out what they will or won't need to carry and to thin out the unneeded items so they then just take what they need at each calling stand as the situations change .

I cruised St Vinny shops for about a week, found an excellent Columbia backpack for >$10 that was too worn for some person but handles all my gear plus hoses off nicely when its muddy.

If I was getting a pack or bag for this I would get something that I would get a decent amount of use out of. Usually I never carried a bag for my stuff. I would just carry my fox pro in hand, rifle slung, and I have a stand alone bipod for that I used some paracord to make a sling for. Remote goes in my pocket as well as spare ammo. To the pack, I'd probably get something light and comfortable, probably overbuilt for this but could be used as a daypack for other hunting, like the Stone Glacier Avail that has plenty of internal pockets for organization and straps for a tripod or anything else.

For all my coyote hunting lately I use a Stone Glacier Avail 2200. It's a great little pack and my shockwave fits on the outside. I put a spare mag holster on the waist band. I tend to hike a bit when hunting, I like to bring a snack and water and a few other small things.

I hunt weedpatches, stickerbushes, and poison oak infested areas. I picked up a "backpack seat" kind of thingy. Holds my caller and remote, sticks, a small fawn inflatable decoy, binos, and a bottle of water with a bit of room to spare.
Protects my tush and it's nice to support my back when sitting for a spell if there's no tree to lean against.
I use a small chest pouch to hold my mouth calls and an extra mag. Never needed the extra mag tho.

I too run a chair/backpack combination. While I don't love any of the options on the market, it is convenient for carrying all my stuff walking a mile+ just to get to each stand. Sly Dog is the brand, I think several companies resell them with their own camo pattern. I ended up replacing the shoulder straps with some off of a Savior Equipment rifle case and cut out the foam pad and replaced it with a thick memory foam one that is better on my wrecked tailbone. Its not pretty, but it gets the job done.

Last edited:
brcfo, I was thinking about cutting up an old sleeping pad and gluing it to the seat part to give me a little more padding.
My shoulder straps aren't ideal either and am looking at a set for an Echo backpack blower to replace them.

brcfo, I was thinking about cutting up an old sleeping pad and gluing it to the seat part to give me a little more padding.
My shoulder straps aren't ideal either and am looking at a set for an Echo backpack blower to replace them.
Whatever gives you that little extra boost and comfort, for me the density of the foam made the biggest difference. I just got one of the pads off Amazon that are designed for an office chair and was advertised to reduce coccyx pain with the little relief cut. Still feel it a bit after a day of calling but it is way better than what it was.

I don't know why they put the cheap garbage straps on the chairs, other then supposed comfort when leaning against the backrest. Mine were literally just pieces of cheap webbing. The padded ones make a big difference, and don't bother me when I lean against them. I just happened to go with the Saviors because I already had the case and it was dumb luck that they fit perfectly.