Whats your favorite hunting rig as in truck ?

So my Hunting rig has evolved over time. 2008 wrangle that I have tricked out for Rock Crawling. Had a bird nest fire and had to rewire it and Paint it.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0090.png
    IMG_0090.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0388.jpeg
    IMG_0388.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 35
My favorite hunting rigs are my 79 Ford broncos .I used them here in Ga and Alaska for 35 years I am bringing one back to life again .I camped in mine in alaaka 9 months the second year .That was one of the funnest years of my life .They are super easy to work on too no computer junk or electric brakes to fail .
Pics please! I have a 78....not a hunting rig as such, but still love the first of the big broncos.

2010 about 130,000 miles.
Too much electric crap for Ms Mud, Sand and water but it was on the farm already so…. I put 4.56 gears and 36" swampers on it.
Rear bumper is made of dual 8" channel iron, holds chains, cables, clevises etc.
Had a 6" lift there but has a 7.5 now. Since it was dad's originally it has the 6.2 with a Bully Dog attitude adjuster.

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpeg
    IMG_3047.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
We started out with a 64 willia jeep with a metal hard top .You could ride 4 inside and 3 on top .I loved that jeep but just no room for gear or deer .I loved when we got our first 79 bronco. I Used them as big 4 wheelers. I ALSO built a back porch deer carrier for it which would hold up to 6 deer .I camped in my bronco 9 months in Alaska my second year there .I made a raised bed with a queen sized mattress and pulled a small 4x8 trailer. I went all over Alaska with it .That was the best year of my life no worries .I am trying to refurbish all three 78 and 79 broncos .They would go where a jeep would go abd turn around just as quick .They didn't get stuck either. I hauled out alot of guys with jacked up trucks and I had regular sized mud grips and not lifted either .That crap with the big tires and lifted gets you stuck or flipped like many friends did .I didn't like the way yhe spare tires nounted kinda in the way and the rear window didn't always roll down had to help it .Eventing else was about perfect. I even drove to a melting glacier and that was cool I didn't get to do the Dalton hwy which they say take 10 spare tires .I had a friend that tuned my 400 engine to get 17 mpg with full time 4vwheel drive .I wanted unlocking hubs had it on two improved gas milage almost 4 mpg .I gotta get these all back to looking good and running perfect again. THEY are so easy to work on its fun unlike new trucks .

2010 about 130,000 miles.
Too much electric crap for Ms Mud, Sand and water but it was on the farm already so…. I put 4.56 gears and 36" swampers on it.
Rear bumper is made of dual 8" channel iron, holds chains, cables, clevises etc.
Had a 6" lift there but has a 7.5 now. Since it was dad's originally it has the 6.2 with a Bully Dog attitude adjuster.
How do you keep the dust and dirt out of your box? Love what you have done.

How do you keep the dust and dirt out of your box? Love what you have done.
A 2" hose under high pressure!

It's no where close to sealed, if I recall I torched drain holes in the bottom. The 3/16" lid won't fly open accidentally though. I put expanded metal on it for grip.

Like most everything else it stays filthy. That photo was before it ended up at the hunting club, it hasn't been that clean since that day.

Recent Posts