Whats up? Gray Bull Precision Orders

I have a Greybull stock on order through LRH Store since sometime in early March. Delivery was expected about mid April. When it was a no show, I contacted Len and he assured me via email there was some issue at the manufacturing end hence the delay and the wait would only be a short while longer. At about the same time I also noticed the "expected ship date" on LRH Store changed to mid May. No problem.

Today I read through this thread and then looked at LRH Store to see if the ship date changed and discovered that the greybull stock appears to have been "pulled from the shelf." I'm expecting mine will arrive sometime this month.

A few years ago I purchased a scope directly from GBP and had no regrets. Ordering and delivery was as promised and the scope does everything as advertised. This was a factor in the recent purchase.

Don and those at Greybull, if you're reading this, please don't disappoint. I have learned that the shooting community is a patient and understanding group when fairly treated. If there is a problem beyond your control, just let us know what is happening.

I consider this site unusual in as much as it's mostly comprised of adults that think and act logically, with exceptions of course, but overall, it's unusual.

Most people demand instant gratification (a subset of our society and preceived notions about how things 'work').

In reality, it usually works that way but not always.

Interesting thread and interesting posts and perspectives.

However, I still communicate (or have an employee communicate) with customers concerning pending orders. Thats the golden rule of absentee business and of course aviods Internet assisination.

negative comments on a publically viewed forum by a disgruntled customer, whether a genuine issue or a perceived issue can destroy a business because anyone can read those posts and even go as far as using a search engine like Goggle to pick out 'key words' in a post and then view all posts that are pertinent.

And everyone consideres the media to be biased.....

It's a viscious world...for the businessman.

However, I still communicate (or have an employee communicate) with customers concerning pending orders. Thats the golden rule of absentee business and of course aviods Internet assisination.
Thank you for doing that! Im sure you have some long time customers and maybe we can do some business in the future. Take care.

Unless you are into Triumph motorcycles, late model and vintage, probably not. I'm in the custom aftermarket accessory business. We hold patents and have pending patents on various accessories. It's a nice hobby. Keeps me outta my wif'es hair.

...If I could just mount a gun on a bike.................:D

I don't know about you but 1250.00 for the scope I ordered is a fair piece of change for me to have hanging. I run a business also and my patrons don't get charged until services or product is delivered. and I **** sure answer the phone or emails when customers call. Defending Greybulls Customer service is pure bull. I don't care about thier suppliers or Don or Jons health someone could have popped a simple email giving a heads up on the delay.

I don't know about you but 1250.00 for the scope I ordered is a fair piece of change for me to have hanging. I run a business also and my patrons don't get charged until services or product is delivered. and I **** sure answer the phone or emails when customers call. Defending Greybulls Customer service is pure bull. I don't care about thier suppliers or Don or Jons health someone could have popped a simple email giving a heads up on the delay.

I'm not defending them for what they did to you. Your info is new to this post, and I don't agree with billing in full for an item they regularly sell, before it is ready for delivery. But some one who complains about not getting a stock they have yet to be billed for?

I personally have no problem waiting for an item - especially one that I've not paid for until it ships as long as the manufacturer or supplier gives me an honest time frame. If it changes because stuff comes up, it changes - just let me know.

I really hope there isn't a bigger issue going on with Greybull as I was just getting ready to order another stock for my next build.

I don't post here often but I read here quite often. I am sorry to be here crying about my purchase of a scope from Greybull Precision. I have been a fan of Jon Burns for several years since The Best of the West show and I have been shooting long range since I was a kid. So its kind of crappy to get let down like this. I would have waited six months or a year to get this scope if only they had returned one call or email with a heads up on the delay. I sold some things to afford this scope and I am not sure if I will even get my money back on it. I am ****ed off and I am going to **** on Greybull Precision until I get some answers or my money back.

I don't have a dog in this fight but if you go to their website all the pictures and videos of John Burns have been pulled. It looks like there may be some kind of shake up at Greybull.

I am the OP. I just checked my credit card and found that I have not received any charges to date for the stock I ordered. Should have been the first thing that I did!!!! Still think that not returning phone calls is crappy business practice for any company after how long I have left messages and emails. I like their stocks and hope that they will get this worked out. Anyone want to sell an olive stock?:):):)

I don't have a dog in this fight but if you go to their website all the pictures and videos of John Burns have been pulled. It looks like there may be some kind of shake up at Greybull.

I see that.... went and looked. Very interesting. Normally, housekeeping on a webpage is a pretty fast and painless operation. I update mine (at least what I can do as an administrator) in a matter of minutes, or a call to my IT for the coding stuff..........

I am the OP. I just checked my credit card and found that I have not received any charges to date for the stock I ordered. Should have been the first thing that I did!!!! Still think that not returning phone calls is crappy business practice for any company after how long I have left messages and emails. I like their stocks and hope that they will get this worked out. Anyone want to sell an olive stock?:):):)

I have one on the shelf in SA but no longs. olive blk web

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.