Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

I don't own/use any cartridge (rifle/handgun) that I hate.

That being said I really like my several 6.5CMs (various configurations) getting the first one in 2010 with a custom build. Because of the inherent accuracy of the 6.5 CM, as well as the new advanced bullet tech it's my main big game cartridge.

Until the 6.5AM my fav was the 30/06 and would still use one depending on circumstances and AOPS.

All cartridges have their limitations, as well as all hunters with their abilities. I'm a spot & stalk western hunter, and get as close as I can within the capabilities of the 6.5 CM load I'm using and my own abilities.

Eastwood.jpeg

I've have seen plenty of long-range hunters fail miserably and end up wounding more than they harvested. There's too many variables going on in the hills (aka mountains) and/or open country for someone to think they can shoot as well outside of a flat low elevation shooting range off a solid bench.

My .02

Try the 460 Weatherby and get back to me. You will think the 378 is a pussycat.
I've shot them both back to back in the same range session. The 460 , factory, was a much heavier rifle - so much more pleasant to shoot. The 378 was factory, but with the standard 300 profile and contours. Much lighter weight - so teeth loosening Nasty! The owner had bought them both for a big $ safari in Botswana. 378 hurt him so bad, he left it at home.

I've shot them both back to back in the same range session. The 460 , factory, was a much heavier rifle - so much more pleasant to shoot. The 378 was factory, but with the standard 300 profile and contours. Much lighter weight - so teeth loosening Nasty! The owner had bought them both for a big $ safari in Botswana. 378 hurt him so bad, he left it at home.
Yeah I could see if it was in a heavier rifle that it wouldn't be so bad. The one I shot was not in a Weatherby factory rifle and it wasn't much heavier than his 378 Weatherby factory rifle. We were also shooting 500gr bullets at full power. He was on his way to Zimbabwe for Cape and other large plains game.
I don't think that rifle weighed 10 pounds loaded and with the scope on it.

Yeah I could see if it was in a heavier rifle that it wouldn't be so bad. The one I shot was not in a Weatherby factory rifle and it wasn't much heavier than his 378 Weatherby factory rifle. We were also shooting 500gr bullets at full power. He was on his way to Zimbabwe for Cape and other large plains game.
I don't think that rifle weighed 10 pounds loaded and with the scope on it.
You win. That would really rattle your teeth.

Weird wonder why guys shoot such heavy bullets on dangerous game

Keep moving the goal posts. You started at deer, moved to semi trucks, now it's dangerous game. What next? Blue whales?

Again, a 243win is perfectly capable of killing deer, at ranges most have no business shooting.

A quick look on hornady 4dof at 7k ft of elevation a .243 108gr eldm hits 1800fps at around 900yds.

I guess the semi truck question went over your head. Yes 243 can kill a deer doesn't mean its best choice. I was referring too remark on speed and energy i guess that went over head too

So capable equals best to you? I apologize if that's how you interpreted my statement "the 243 is perfectly capable of killing deer". Did that go over your head?