Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

All things Creedmoor. Compare the ballistics of a 6.5 CM with the 6.5x55 in the same twist rate and you will find the the 140 year old 6.5x55 provides virtually the same performance. The venerable 6mm Rem outruns the 6CM. Not sexy perhaps, but the numbers tell the story.

That said, I do own a 6.5 CM which I enjoy shooting but It absolutely drives me crazy when I hear guys at the range talking about it as though it somehow possesses the ability to defy the force of gravity.
I would add anything that ends with PRC.

.224 Valkyrie……I've made some awesome hits on targets but to reload it is a hair pulling experience!! Not to mention the federal fiasco about the bullets used, the reamers, the rifling twist……my god this thing looked great on paper but in the field it CAN be a nightmare. This is all with a bolt action……hate to say all the negative things I've seen in a gas gun!

On the bright side it made me a better reloader being a difficult ***** to reload for!

Any 6.5's
I love and hate them………..all
I have grendel, 260 rem, creed, 6.5x284, 6.5x55 and I'm waiting for glass and rings for my new 6.5 PRC browning witch I will also love and hate I'm shore

If you bring that .375 H&H weight down to equal the weight of the .338…..I suspect that the recoil impulse might be a tad quicker!

I know that the wife's 9.0 lb. 338 snaps back pretty sporty, and she's pretty comfortable with that……she wants nothing to do with my 9.0 lb. .375 AI. Even when I call her a sissy…..she refuses to shoot it! It will address you with both recoil impulse and ft/lbs recoil! But the end rewards are worth every assault! 😉 memtb
You are right, the 338 recoil can be a bit snappy. The term "recoil impulse" is a great description. Is there a formula to quantify it?

I really don't get what Remington's problem is but man they've managed to take cartridges with potential and found a way to make them fail haha.

The 260 rem you mention. No support really once they created it. Might as well have called it the ".260 afterthought"

The 7mm rem mag I mentioned earlier

The 280…or is the 7mm express? Let's take what could easily replace the .270 but put it in semi autos and pumps first.

The 6mm Remington…what the .243 hopes to be when it grows up, nice long neck, sharp shoulder…oh well, let's market and twist it as a pure one purpose varmint cartridge…
You didn't mention another of my favorites, the Remington 30 AR. A pretty decent deer cartridge in the AR format. It could have pushed the Modern Sporting Rifle into fast forward. Supposedly, Big Green published the wrong ballistic data at its inception and the cartridge went nowhere... I saw several boxes last week at a gun show and felt pain of lost chances. But I am not running a museum for Remington's failures.

I have been reloading for 48 years. I currently load and shoot 43 cartridges ranging from 204 Ruger up to and including 375 HH, 416 Rigby, and 458 WM

The only cartridge I refuse to load for is 300 Win Mag. A totally unnecessary mistake of 1963. Every time i take one on trade, I immediately flog it off so that the rest of collection is not infected by it.

I love all 277 and 338 bores.

Never thought much of the 308 until about 15 years ago i started competing in F Class. I shoot about 3500 rounds of 308 a year now. Got to tell you, i was pleasantly surprised of how capable it really is. Didnt your US Military use it as their sniper rifle cartridge and considered it capable to 800 metres for that purpose.

On another topic, if you think primers are hard to find in the USA,, none at all are getting to Canada.

Long live the 270 Win!!

Recent Posts