Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

What happened ? Black bear ?

No bears around here…..other than one seen passing through around 20 years ago! I wish that we had some timber and some bears around these parts.

I'm trying to determine what killed them…..they were good 3 weeks ago, having made it through at pretty harsh winter! memtb

Let's be honest, everyone has one. Whether you had a bad experience or you just don't buy into all the hype, whats the cartridge that makes you roll your eyes as soon as you hear its name?
If it's accurate and easy to load for I love it from the 17s to the 50s if it ain't accurate it sucks

You guys are evil. So basically everything crap at the show but... 3 x 375 H&H's at the show. Ruger markII - $2,750
Sako AIII - $2,650
Both nice. Ruger basically brand new

Sako AIII beat up pretty badly $2,100

Debating as they were all with 1 guy but he is always stupid with pricing
Go on gunbroker.com browning abolt stainless stalker for 1100 or less, one can call the person & deal with em, been doing it for 25 years

No bears around here…..other than one seen passing through around 20 years ago! I wish that we had some timber and some bears around these parts.

I'm trying to determine what killed them…..they were good 3 weeks ago, having made it through at pretty harsh winter! memtb
I was going to ask if cold killed them .

Only WBY cartridge that DOES NOT have the double radius is the 375 WBY.

Left to right... 375 hh then wby then 378 and didn't read what the last is.
I'm thinking the last one might be the 375 Ruger. I love my 375 Ruger. It's right up there velocity wise with the 375 H&H AI and the 375 Weatherby when fired from the African model rifle and not the Alaskan model with it's 20" barrel.

I'm thinking the last one might be the 375 Ruger. I love my 375 Ruger. It's right up there velocity wise with the 375 H&H AI and the 375 Weatherby when fired from the African model rifle and not the Alaskan model with it's 20" barrel.

If your getting similar velocities when comparing the Weatherby and AI to the Ruger……either the AI /Weatherby is "VERY" conservatively loaded, or someone is "really" pushing the Ruger! JMO memtb

If your getting similar velocities when comparing the Weatherby and AI to the Ruger……either the AI /Weatherby is "VERY" conservatively loaded, or someone is "really" pushing the Ruger! JMO memtb
How so? Looking at the reloading data for the Weatherby it's right in line with what i'm seeing in manuals for the Ruger.
When I was researching building one of the 375s I was leaning towards the Weatherby. However I found a left handed Ruger African in 375 Ruger on a website that was being discounted for $499.00 so I jumped on it.
When I started reading up on the Ruger and it's within 50-100fps in many loading manuals and in some it's at the same velocity.

How so? Looking at the reloading data for the Weatherby it's right in line with what i'm seeing in manuals for the Ruger.
When I was researching building one of the 375s I was leaning towards the Weatherby. However I found a left handed Ruger African in 375 Ruger on a website that was being discounted for $499.00 so I jumped on it.
When I started reading up on the Ruger and it's within 50-100fps in many loading manuals and in some it's at the same velocity.

Maybe I'm pushing my AI a little hard…..but, I'm getting 10+ loads on a case, no heavy bolt lift….however, do have flattened (not cratered) primers and very light extractor marks. Heck, I've seen these examples over the years with factory rounds in various firearms.

My present hunting load is a Barnes 250 TTSX @ 3130 mv and darn accurate. I went to 3160 mv when developing the load …..but the groups were starting to open up some. I figured that 3130 mv with a 250 gr. bullet was pretty decent. Maybe I just have a "fast" barrel!

I finally got some 270 grain LRX's and hope to develop a good load this summer. My goal is an accurate and safe 3000 mv. I'll be pretty bummed if I don't get there!

I respectfully suggest that….I don't think the Ruger can get there! memtb