Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Could the OP ask a more loaded divisive question?

Actually, it's been a fun thread for the off season, everyone has been extremely jovial about the whole thing.

I have three 6.5 Creedmoor rifles, but I dislike the hype about it, but the cartridge has a lot of merits, just not to the extreme some claim.

Actually, it's been a fun thread for the off season, everyone has been extremely jovial about the whole thing.

I have three 6.5 Creedmoor rifles, but I dislike the hype about it, but the cartridge has a lot of merits, just not to the extreme some claim.
Just gotta make a safari/extreme dangerous game round. Can anyone say ".577 Creedmoor Express"?

I'm working on a Styer M95 Mannlicher Carbine (8x50 mm) right now. I've had it over 50 years, it's been in the family for a 100 or more. Until 2 weeks ago, it just sat in the safe…..got a "wild hair" to look for components (ammo non-existent), and get the bore cleaned up. The bore initially looked like a dirty sewer line, and after 2 weeks of soak/scrub repeat…..it's looking much better! memtb
PRVI should have ammo and the brass, actually seeing they don't carry much ammo for the unconverted rifles much any more. Might need to reload for sure even fire forming cases. Some places like gun broker have ammo but it ain't cheap.

Last edited:
PRIVI should have ammo and the brass

Thanks, I'll give it a shot…..see what I did there!

Though, I think that the ammo is obsolete….rumor has it. I did find new brass and some RCBS dies. The bore dia. is pretty peculiar ….much larger than today's 8mm (.323"). May have found some bullets to hand load for it! 🤞memtb

Thanks, I'll give it a shot…..see what I did there!

Though, I think that the ammo is obsolete….rumor has it. I did find new brass and some RCBS dies. The bore dia. is pretty peculiar ….much larger than today's 8mm (.323"). May have found some bullets to hand load for it! 🤞memtb
Good luck. I'd first bore slug the barrel to see what it wants. You might be super surprised. Those old guns can vary a LOT.

Good luck. I'd first bore slug the barrel to see what it wants. You might be super surprised. Those old guns can vary a LOT.

I did "slug" the bore….I mic it @ 0.330". Apparently, the original bullets were of 0.323" but were "hollow base" (much like the Minie Ball in the War of Northern Aggression) which would fill the bore upon firing. Not certain of the reasoning, perhaps as you stated …..variations in bore diameter. A friend of mine has found some bullets that are supposed to be 0.328", at a very good price. He will mic them, if actually 0.328" (hopefully a bit larger) I'll use them.I don't think that I'll be entering into any matches with it anyway! memtb

I've decided that a creedmoor is really all a man needs.

Got a 22-250? replace it with a 22 creedmoor.
243 win? --> buy a 6mm creedmoor
257 bob? sell that sucker and get a 25 creedmoor
260 rem? hahaha you know the answer to that one!
270 win? well, hmmm maybe you got me there, I'm sure some one is working on it though!
7mm-08? there's a wildcat 7mm creedmoor for that!
308 win? --> 7.6 creedmoor of course! (don't tell me it doesn't exist)

A creedmoor is all you need...
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I've decided that a creedmoor is really all a man needs.

Got a 22-250? replace it with a 22 creedmoor.
243 win? --> buy a 6mm creedmoor
257 bob? sell that sucker and get a 25 creedmoor
260 rem? hahaha you know the answer to that one!
270 win? well, hmmm maybe you got me there, I'm sure some one is working on it though!
7mm-08? there's a wildcat 7mm creedmoor for that!
308 win? --> 7.6 creedmoor of course! (don't tell me it doesn't exist)

A creedmoor is all you need...
🤣😂🤣😂🤣

That may be "all you need"! 😉 I'm glad the you've acquired the "Holy Grail" or perhaps the "Unicorn" of cartridges! 😁 I really am happy for you (seriously). If it works for you, you have certainly simplified all things shooting/hunting related…… or have you? memtb

Not even close to what I need or at least needed at one time! 😉 memtb

I did "slug" the bore….I mic it @ 0.330". Apparently, the original bullets were of 0.323" but were "hollow base" (much like the Minie Ball in the War of Northern Aggression) which would fill the bore upon firing. Not certain of the reasoning, perhaps as you stated …..variations in bore diameter. A friend of mine has found some bullets that are supposed to be 0.328", at a very good price. He will mic them, if actually 0.328" (hopefully a bit larger) I'll use them.I don't think that I'll be entering into any matches with it anyway! memtb
Yep

There is a certain bullet manufacturer that provides load data and when I was looking for a recipe for my PSL I saw theirs. Then realized it said .308. I called them and they said it wasn't a typo. That's what their rifle slugged at.