Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

Problem with the wsm was a guy had a patent on the design originally and got royalties from everyone that used it. At least that's what I read somewhere. I used to be on the fence about it but when I was looking for a new rifle the 300 wsm checked all my boxes. 30 cal with no belt. More oomph than 308, and available early on in covid. But I usually tend to like cartridges when they're not so popular. I built my 260 remington right before the 6.5 craze started.
WSM cartridges never got the support they needed or lived up to the hype

I've got a bit of that with the 6.5 CM. I own two at the moment - and it's a great round - but it's not quite as awesome as the hype. On the other hand, not even 50 BMG loaded with depleted uranium can do the things that the 6.5 CM of the interwebz can do…
Nah. You're just not using it right! :) Why, why, one time I shot over the berm and after it went all the way around the world, the bullet almost hit me in the back of the head!

Last edited:
But I usually tend to like cartridges when they're not so popular.
I have this problem. For some reason I refuse to buy standard SAAMI spec reamers 🤣 I just can't justify the cost unless it's at least an AI, if not some other stupid changes just to make it fun.

6.5 Rocky (Gibbs neck on RUM case), 6 WSM, 20 WSSM, 17-223 AI, 22 Dasher, 30XC. Just something fun about something not a lot of people have, or if it's up and coming like the 22 Dasher I can get there before it's standardized. I'm surprised I have so many 6.5CMs when the 260 AI is better IMO.

I still hate the 308 Win 😬 Little girly round because the flower power kids of the 1960s and 1970s couldn't handle the 30-06. That said I did buy a 308 barreled action from JA Outdoors, dropped it (unbedded) into a Greyboe stock, took 5 shots to zero, then shot #6 killed a pig. Sweet little rig carbon barrel, ultralight stock, AB reflex suppressor, 100 yard pop shot right into the ear hole off a fork in a mesquite tree branch.

6.5 Creedmoor would have turned the pig inside out. I'm scared to run Hammers through it because it might open a black hole.