What's going on with Brownells?

tigerwerkes

Placed a small order for items in stock at the beginning of April and can't get any response via email, chat, or phone.

The phone queue says 200+ people ahead of me with approx 2.5hr wait.

Is this the new norm or is something else going on?

When I stop there and order in house they seem to get the product up front fairly well. Seems as if they are short on help like everyone but not sure about the warehouse portion.

I finally got in touch with someone. Turns out i placed an order on Apr 1, which was the exact date that they switched over to a whole new ordering and whse mgmt system. Bottom line is My order was never processed and was sitting in the old system.

Brownells made it good by giving me two day shipping and honoring the original price which was about %15 cheaper than the price listed today.

That's more like the Brownells I'm used to.

I placed an order for powder on Apr 15. Had an out of State family issue and wasn't home to sign for it. It was returned to Brownells Apr 27 because they refused to redirect my shipment, and even after waiting 90 minutes on phone to finally talk with the service desk, all they can do is verify they have it, but no communication with the area that may reship it to me. I sent a certified letter to the CEO four days ago asking him if a responsible person with authority can contact me and get my paid for order reshipped. I am WAY upset about this.

Between the materials and good employee shortages, it must be difficult to grow a successful business these days. Obviously Brownells needed to upgrade their systems to be more successful. They should do you right. I had a similar event with Midway when they moved the warehouse and to a new order filling system. I had ordered the last three boxes in stock of a particular bullet and they couldn't seem to find them. Two weeks later a gal named Mary let me know they were located and were shipping free of charge to me. However, you have already paid, and have no product. BROWNELLS SHOULD RESOLVE IT FOR YOU!

As with many of the posts above, I tried to purchase Federal LR Primers 2 weeks ago. There credit card system was not working and would not complete transaction. Following day I called and the cue was over 1900 minutes long and primers were out of stock. Last week Remington's primers were in stock and I bought 2,000. Credit card system noted twice that charge did not go through. Called again and waited. Checked my Visa card and was billed for 2/ $204.00 charges and no invoice issued and primers were out of stock again. Gun Broker may be a rip off on the price you pay, but you get what you pay for and not excuses. Will never purchase from Brownell's again.

I really haven't had a problem with Brownell. I did finally set up form to track, Order items, Shipped items, and Arrived items. On words. I know things have been slow to come from all suppliers. Whether it was them or manufactures suppling them. I try and set shipments up without having to sign for them. Most company let you know when they are shipping. I generally order items for different parts of the USA, but ship to 1 of 2 sites in Montana. I retrieved them when I am back in town. I signed into Brownell once a year shipping fees of about $50.00 per year. That's a one time fee for shipping. After that, I don't get charged for shipment of items not matter how many time I purchase items from them , or back order items. That doesn't include hazmat charges.
The other is that most supplier of hunting or shooting equipment, generally let you know when it's being shipped, and approximate arrive time. It can't get much clearer than that.
Midway and Brownell have just moved there operation and changed there systems in the last couple of months. You might try emailing them instead of the phone. I understand the waiting on a phone to get to somebody to speak too. I have been on the phone for hours waiting. So I know the feeling, but I have at the same time cut most of that out. One more thing is if I can download the orders. I do that too.

As with many of the posts above, I tried to purchase Federal LR Primers 2 weeks ago. There credit card system was not working and would not complete transaction. Following day I called and the cue was over 1900 minutes long and primers were out of stock. Last week Remington's primers were in stock and I bought 2,000. Credit card system noted twice that charge did not go through. Called again and waited. Checked my Visa card and was billed for 2/ $204.00 charges and no invoice issued and primers were out of stock again. Gun Broker may be a rip off on the price you pay, but you get what you pay for and not excuses. Will never purchase from Brownell's again.
I have seen the double billing on my credit card also. I am guessing that after confirming there is room on your card, it's change back to a single fee or charge. It would bug me, why the double charge would be showing up? I guess that how things are done now. I don't like it, but there isn't much I can do about it. There one person that I deal with over the phone, and he reference to the double charge. I will have to the next time ask him about the double charge to start with. (why).

I ordered a Hornady Lock and Load AP about two weeks ago. I got the press in three days. I've had an account with Brownells for about 30 years and really never any issues. My biggest complaint about Brownells is that their inventory is a bit on the short side. But…in these times I guess it's to be expected

I ordered a Hornady Lock and Load AP about two weeks ago. I got the press in three days. I've had an account with Brownells for about 30 years and really never any issues. My biggest complaint about Brownells is that their inventory is a bit on the short side. But…in these times I guess it's to be expected
That's generally what I've been used to as well. Their prices were a little high until Midway started expanding beyond reloading, but now they usually stay pretty competitive.

With regards to my returned order of powder, it has been sitting there since late April and I've tried online chat, emailing, and the long phone wait to talk with Kyle in support. What really, really irks me is when he promises to call back within two days and a week goes by without a call back.