Whats a good trigger for an AR10?

huntxtrm

Hello again fellas. Messin with my new toy a little more. I found the trigger sux. Terrible pull. What is a good adjustable trigger for the ar10? Or, can this one be tuned?

I just installed an SSA-E......and its awesome. The were running a special $40 off so I thought I would try it.

Awesome fellas. I appreciate the advice. I am going to be looking into getting one. Don't know if, I have ever used a 2 stage trigger? What's the significance?

Awesome fellas. I appreciate the advice. I am going to be looking into getting one. Don't know if, I have ever used a 2 stage trigger? What's the significance?

they are different. It is like you take up a bunch of slack then hit the second stage and then it feels like a regular trigger. Gives you lots of time to change your mind.

I still like a jewell single stage myself but I have a couple of these in AR's.

Here are the best 2 stage in my opinion. He makes a bunch of them. Watch the video and learn which one for what you plan to do with the gun.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ypb5HXdDJhc[/ame]

I just installed a Rock River Arms NM trigger group with a 3.5lb spring set into a MEGA ARMS billet lower.

The Pro: The trigger pull is acceptable for a hunting grade rifle.

The Con: RRA over sizes the pivot pins by 0.001" so the pins will not rotate in the lower, using a punch, I had to beat the crap out of the trigger group pins. I should have stopped and discarded the whole **** works.

In summary: If you have access to a press, this would be a better way to install the pins.

On my next build I will try a CMC trigger group.

I have the Geissele High Speed National Match trigger in mine I love it compared to the mil spec group size tightened up by around 30-40% i would guess. It's very good for bench/ long range work.

I have the Geissele High Speed National Match trigger in mine I love it compared to the mil spec group size tightened up by around 30-40% i would guess. It's very good for bench/ long range work.

I have one coming along with a magpul PRS stock for my new turbo 40.

I really like the sde version with the straight trigger bow. I think I'll put the sd3 gun in the new rifle I just got. It is gonna be a short light carbine set up.Youll be pleased with any of the geisslle triggers

Timney. I have one in my AR 15, solid set up.. Also have Timney in Triggers in most of all my rifles. Never had a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.