What! Take My Guns?

+1 w/edge.

Get your friends, family and anyone else sharing the same views to register and vote. Don't think that every gun toting american votes...they don't. As an example and not proud of it about 25% of members in my family of differing realations voted but, 100% don't want anymore gun control or confiscation. Talk about the silent majority...75% And at work it runs about half and half. Wake up folks.

It' sad to say if the ball is rolling it will be hard to stop,it happened here in Australia the government passed legislation before we even had a chance to contest,they changed the law so fast and quietly that we literally woke up one morning and we had to hand in our semi's and automatics, the government used a buy back scheme where they were paying people top dollar(sometimes 10x more than people even paid new)to surrender their firearms,it was even a no questions asked policy for people who were not licenced as long as they were handed in.They accumulated about 640,000 firearms and cost the government or should i say the tax payer hundreds of millions of dollars( close to $360 million).This was all in the name of making the country a safer place to live...Is it safer?Has crime gone down?Well i will say this, NO it's not or hasn't, because firearms will always fall into the hands of criminals no matter which country you live in there will always be a person down a back alley somewhere with a bag full of automatics ready to sell and that is where the problem is!!!Law abiding citizens are exactly what the term implies and criminals will always be criminals! My message is this,take the time to get informed about future firearms legislations,take the time to inform fellow firearms owners and take the time to inform the public of the difference between FIREARMS and WEAPONS and tell them for your love of the sport and great outdoors be it hunting or just shooting targets.

Currently I keep seeing the ads for "Countdown to Zero".

These folks want Zero nuclear weapons!

Don't they, and the anti-gun NUTS realize that if there are theoretically zero weapons that the FIRST one to violate the ban has 100% control over everyone else!

I DO NOT believe that those pushing these bans are morons, to the contrary, they know that they will always have weapons and the SHEEP that follow the ban will be at their mercy!

On a similar issue, these folks are everywhere. A few years ago there was a big anti-Bush protest in DC.
I remember watching the coverage and seeing a pretty articulate young woman speaking. After she left the podium and another speaker came on you could see her in the background putting what appeared to be a PLO headscarf on ( similar to Arafat's ). On TV just a "regular US protester" off TV she showed her true colors!

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.