What Stock to use?

Black Diamond 408

My new project needs a stock. Here is what it is and you guys can give me your input on what you like.

action is 1.600 dia x 11" long
bbl is 1.345 tapered to .950 at the muzzel 35"
It will be pillar bedded, three screws.
cal .338-408imp

I want the stock to be tactical style, no benchrest.

Ok...i have looked at the McMillan "McHale" &
the Lone Wolf "unlimited" stocks. Any opinions?
Graphite, Kevlar or both? I want it to be light if possible

Total weight of the rifle under 20lbs.

Thanks to all that respond!

Black Diamond 408, Haven't used the McMillian, but own a Lone Wolf. Anything that Bob makes will be first class. Price & weight may be bigger, but his bedding and finishes are first class. I've been to his shop several times, and he is great to work with. He can do anything you want done or modified. Good luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BD408,I echo wapiti13's sentiments. Everything he said is true, in spades. I have a Lone Wolf "Howler" on my 7mm Rem A-bolt and I love it. Bob will treat you really well, he is very customer orientated. If he has something you like, you can't go wrong.
Jim

Will the Mcmillan handle the 1.6" action? Seem to remember when looking for a stock for your action Dave that it wouldn't fit into that stock. Not sure though.

Alex Sitman has his Highpower prone stock that is 1.7" wide and will handle it. I will have to look back through my notes for what his synthetic(fiberglass) blanks run.

Hey Matt!

I ordered a Lone Wolf carbon fiber stock yesterday, "Palma Master" It is inletted for 1.600" action. Also i will have a action ready soon for the 408 case head. It is a rem 700 style, single shot 17-4 stainless, prolly around 3.5#.... smaller dia than my full bolt design.

What about those 350's you got?

Dave

Dave

If you want them you can have them. I will have my Lapua into Chris for an overhaul so won't be shooting it for awhile. I have 90 of them i believe.

Shoot me an email with your info and will get them out.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.