What hard case to use?

ROBSTER

I have a Lawton 8000 action with a 30 inch tube and + brake and I`m having an A-5L stock made for it and I`m looking for a good hard case for it.What are you guys using ? What are your sugestions?
Thanks in advance,Rob

This the one I have. It is good for storage and putting in truck for a hunt. I would not use it to put it on an airplane.

Plano Moulding Plano Black Rifle/Shotgun Case w/Heavy Duty Latches & Hinges 130102 FREE S&H 130102. Plano Molding Gun Cases.

joseph

PS: I keep my laser range finder, Kestral 3500, cleaning rod, patches, oils, bipod, lens cleaning stuff and empty Berger bullet box with all my allen wrenches inside it with my rifle and scope.

My backpack & sleeping bag won't fit inside though.

Attachments

• opplanet-plano-moulding-plano-black-rifle-shotgun-case-w-heavy-duty-latches-amp-hinges-76056.jpg
    opplanet-plano-moulding-plano-black-rifle-shotgun-case-w-heavy-duty-latches-amp-hinges-76056.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Cabela's Deluxe Aluminum guncase. It was the only thing that would fit my gun for the smith to ship it to me (that was readily available). It is a really nice case and great attention to detail.

Pelican if you are wiling to spend the money. BassPro's top of the line case is a tan Pelican case which can sometimes be had for a discount. If you travel at all most of the other cases are inferior to the Pelican's. You can customize the foam for optics and other items to fit with the rifle, unless you are looking for lightweight these are hard to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.