What size scope rings

buzzyb

i am having a rifle built with a defiant deviant hunter action and proof carbon sendero barrel.i am mounting a atacr 5x25x56 scope and looking at useing nightforce or extreme hard core rings . I know the rings are 34mm but what height do I need? And which rings would you prefer.
Thanks

The gun is in the process of being built probably a couple more months I just thought I might be able to get the rings ahead of time. That action has the 20 min rail built in also.
Thanks

Advice from someone that made this mistake a ton of times:

Wait till you get your gun and your scope. Then measure 3x and buy 1x. Otherwise you'll invert the numbers.

I always used to wonder how everybody seems to have extra rings laying around, then I opened my range bag the other day looking for something and ended up finding 3 sets of rings, dont even remember how I came to own 2 of them

With the full sendero barrel profile, you may want to kick up to the 1.125" rings. If it's the sendero lite, the 1" height rings will clear fine. My Edge has the 338 sendero contour with a March 52mm Obj with scope covers, and with 1" height rings the scope clears perfectly. For that rifle, I'd want 1.125" height for a 56mm Obj.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.