What size Bipod?

bweber

What size bipod are you guys shooting? I'm looking for something for hunting. I'll probably use it prone, but also on top of stumps, mounds of dirt, and other things I might run into in the field. I'm probably looking at a Harris, swivel style. I'm about six feet tall. I'm wondering what size would be the most useful all around?

Thanks,

Ben

I have 3 sizes, the small Bechrest the 6.5 to 11 incher and the sitting bipod. Im a smaller shooter though, If i bought another bipod. I would get another harris 6.5 to 11 incher, swivel "S" type, with notched legs rather than the standard. I think thats pretty agreeable here.

I hunt with a rifle primarily in eastern Wyoming wher you end up shooting from a sitting position about half the time to clear sage brush. I really like the Harris that goes from 25" to about 11" and the swivel is a must. I've never been in a position where having to use the 11" on a prone shot hurt me. Good Luck!

Another thing I would like to mention. If you shoot up alot, meaning up hill or up in trees whatever. A taller bi-pod helps. If you shoot down hill a shorter leg is needed, to comfortably shoot. So I would go for the medium size, if your a prone shooter. When predator calling, I use my bigger sitting bi-pod cuz I can look over the sagebrush.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.