What reloading manuals are most accurate to y'all?

Re: What reloading manuals are most accurate to y\'all?

goodgrouper, you describe my worse nightmare. People who don't feel comfortable beyond 'short' range with the gear to go further. I guarantee you that under the excitement of seeing animals, bullets are going to get launched.

I was one of those. Luckily, no one got hurt but that convinced me to get the gear, the knowledge and practise to make that shot happen if and when it occurs again.

Now, I would prefer if that conservative shooter got all excited and started practising and shooting like mad. I am sure so would you. That way, he/she would know what their limitations were, had some practise and COULD make a shot if circumstance allowed it.

I love the fact that there are high horsepower exotic sports cars out there. What concerns me are the owners who are too afraid to figure out what they and the cars limits are. These people are dangerous.

Take them out to a race track and get them to burn up a set of tires. Now you have an informed driver who hopefully will continue to hone their skills to the extent of their gear.

Doesn't mean they will drive around at 1000MPH to go to the grocery store but if a sharp corner comes up or they need to do a quick downshift, they are not going to launch themselves into the weeds.

I would love every hunter/shooter to be versant in LR shooting. Their gear would be better, they would have more practise, and they would be better able to take that short range shot.

Jerry

Jerryteo,
My point was that they ARE practicing WITH me BEFORE they go and actually hunt, and they all DO get excited about it and they all have to start somewhere just like YOU did. I promise, they might start out bubbas but they don't end up bubbas. Having said that, we are flirting with the "Ethics" rule of this forum and I consider the matter closed before Len mis-butters his toast.
Thanks-goodgrouper.

[ 09-24-2004: Message edited by: goodgrouper ]

goodgrouper,

The manuals that I have come to relie on the most are: Hodgon 1999 manual, Hodgon #26, Barnes #3 Speer #13. I do not use Sierra, Nosler or Hornady. Once in awhile I will go to Ken Walters manuals.

----------
Zod

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.