what reloader for a newb

The Rockchucker and the one right below it...the Reloader Special both are great loaders. And the thing about RCBS...if you can pick items that are RCBS off of EBay for a song ans dance...and if you break something...RCBS will send you a new one.

I bought a luber/sizer for lead slugs from Ebay and wen I got it this one little rod piece was bent and the ball end missing. I called RCBS and told them it was used and where I got it from....they sent me new ones for no charge. Tough act to follow!!!

With RCBS rebates and the good deals box stores have on the kits at certain times of the year, it would be hard not to consider that brand first. The press is classic and proven...you can do whatever with the rest of the kit but it would get you going. I also recommend to buy the Nosler and Hornady reloading books as the Speer one that comes with the kit isn't the greatest.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/suggestions-before-i-buy-some-reloading-equipment-153981/

Here is a list of stuff I purchased when I got started a while back.

I have been super happy with everything. No piece of equipment I got has let me down. I have since purchased much more to aid in rifle reloading. But I think the majority of us have multiple ways of doing certain things.

From my list, maybe pass on the Frankfort Arsenal digital scale.

So one point I want to make though, I wish I would have got the Lee Turret press instead of starting with the single stage. If I had, I dont think I would have been in a rush to also get a progressive. Just go to Amazon and read the reviews on the Lee cast turret. I think it has 5 stars with hundreds of reviews. How many things on Amazon have that great of reviews? Not many...

I have a Dillon 650 progressive and a Redding Turret press mounted in my reloading area. So Im not cheap. In all honesty, most of Lee's reloading stuff works really well. And a side benefit is, its almost always the cheapest.

Someone posted a link for fsreloading.com. They do have great prices on Lee equipment, but I cannot suggest anybody order from them. Of 4 orders, 2 were used when I opened them and 1 never shipped to me. After a month of emailing them, they let me know they didnt have any in stock. Thats funny, because they took my money and made me wait a month. But 1 order did come as expected. So those are your odds dealing with those people.

One more quick thought. To a certain extent this conversation becomes Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge.

So take every suggestion with a grain of salt... even mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.