What OP feature(s) you wish is back as it once was?

I do my best not to judge others. Although I have not been a member of this forum for very long, I still believe it is managed better than most. I am guilty of side tracking threads at times. I am more conscious of this now and hopefully will be mindful of this going forward. Opinions make up a great deal of the dialogue in most of the threads. This is fine and welcomed as long as we respect each other and avoid attacking someone for expressing their perspectives. My ignore list is very short for now. I do like many of the options presented in this thread.
^^^^^^^^THIS. We are all from different parts of the World, different walks of Life.
I enjoy other opinions, that's why we ask our questions. If it gets out of hand, just like TV I change the channel.
I hope I haven't offended anyone, I'm sorry if I did.

I believe there at least WAS that requirement, but I've seen a few changes in the last year to names that make me wonder how it was approved, so it's made me think maybe it's not a requirement anymore. I really don't know though.

There's definitely been a few instigators over the past couple years that seem to either change their name or start new users solely with the intent of starting trouble in some of the threads.

Maybe I'm just not that petty but that just seems like a lot of effort to mess with people you don't even know and will never meet.

I don't like deleting or closing treads because there is usually some good nuggets of info if you can stomach the BS trying to sift through it.

it might be helpful if the OP and OP only could block offending members from participating in their tread all together and not just their personal ignore list that will save the rest of us from having to deal with offending members.
I prefer blocking offending members over the ignore list if that is an option for the OP.

Censorship is a slippery slope. I've been banned from accurate Shooter since the start of Covid for spreading unproven facts which, of course we all now know are true.
I tried a few times to get the "participants" of the Rocketry Forum (I do (not lately) high power rocketry as a hobby, think LDRS, large and dangerous rocket ships. It's a blast :D ) to think logically about the "stuff" we were being told and gave up. It's not worth it. If someone doesn't want to know they won't.

Point being, deleting or banning... sometimes I think it would be a good idea if the moderator gave the poster a chance to clean up or delete a post. Then I realized that being a moderator on a forum sucks :D and the request would start one of those shows that smells bad.

I choose a different forum. At a certain point it's the easy button for me. I've warned some of the younger crowd about getting into the long drawn out fights on here. The reason why is the firearms industry is a small world and the likelihood of crossing paths with people in the industry is pretty high. The industry has a way with monitoring who or how far you'll go with how you interact with others. Or what kind of falsehoods you spread. Sooner or later karma or you reap what you sow comes into play.

As harsh as this may sound I think the biggest problem plaguing this country at the moment is feelings! We are all connected now on social media, and we all know what each other say so grow a thick skin ! sooner or later someone will not like what you say, get over it!

As harsh as this may sound I think the biggest problem plaguing this country at the moment is feelings! We are all connected now on social media, and we all know what each other say so grow a thick skin ! sooner or later someone will not like what you say, get over it!
I agree. The victim card gets played and people just look for others to come to their rescue. Keeping an open mind while participating in open debate and applying common sense will put us in a better position in this crazy world. Resorting to personal attacks or petty name calling accomplishes nothing positive. I am sure we have all regretted the way we responded to a situation or a post before. All we can do is learn from our mistakes, attempt to correct, and move on.

I choose a different forum. At a certain point it's the easy button for me. I've warned some of the younger crowd about getting into the long drawn out fights on here. The reason why is the firearms industry is a small world and the likelihood of crossing paths with people in the industry is pretty high. The industry has a way with monitoring who or how far you'll go with how you interact with others. Or what kind of falsehoods you spread. Sooner or later karma or you reap what you sow comes into play.
Very true words of wisdom right there.