What OP feature(s) you wish is back as it once was?

Len has said many times that this forum is his living room, while i am not for banning free speech there is exceptions and it has come time to clean his living room.
members just changing their forum ID to cover for their past ignorance is not helping this forum and should be addressed.

Len has said many times that this forum is his living room, while i am not for banning free speech there is exceptions and it has come time to clean his living room.
members just changing their forum ID to cover for their past ignorance is not helping this forum and should be addressed.
Spot on, Sir!

I'm amazed it's allowed at all, changing your handle that is. It would be helpful if when looking them up their previous handles were listed.
I believe it is now, but it only goes back as far as when that was implemented. I know a few have changed names a few times and it only shows their most recent change, while others changed it quite a while ago and it doesn't show it was changed or from what.

I guess if you made it to where it required admin approval, along with a reasoning given for the requested change, the admins could decide if it was justified and would likely limit most of the changes right there. And those that are approved would still give the ability to show you what the former name was.

I don't want to single anyone out, so I won't post pictures, but if you click on someone's name, it'll pop open a box with more info on them- at least on my phone, which I use most often- I'd assume it's similar on a computer or elsewhere. In that new box/window that pops open, it has a clock with a turn back arrow around it next to their current name. If you click that, it'll show the most recent former name. Of course that's if they've changed it since that feature was implemented.

As far being able to delete/remove things, I'm not sure we'd all use that as intended. Some would simply remove anything they don't agree with or from those they've decided they don't like. I do think others would indeed use it only to remove the junk that doesn't contribute in any sort of meaningful way, such as the bickering and off topic derailments we often see.

I also think it would be nice to have the option to delete your own thread entirely. Sometimes we make a mistake. Sometimes we misjudge a subject. Sometimes we can see we've only stirred a hornet's nest. Whatever the case may be, it would be nice to have the ability to nuke your own thread and be fine with it. Same goes for your own post/comment in other threads. Sure, you have the brief ability to edit it for up to like a day, but sometimes that's not long enough.

I'm trying to speak for all here, not just me lol. It's based on what I've heard or seen from others as well as my own feelings.

Last edited:
Censorship is a slippery slope. I've been banned from accurate Shooter since the start of Covid for spreading unproven facts which, of course we all now know are true.
I agree, as long as it is civil and relevant. I do mind the occasional side track but not the hijacking of a thread, just because it does not fit their narrative is inconsiderate to the OP. It is getting old and hinders those sharing information and wanting to learn. IMHO, the censorship responsibility falls to the individual/OP, not LRH.

I don't like deleting or closing treads because there is usually some good nuggets of info if you can stomach the BS trying to sift through it.

it might be helpful if the OP and OP only could block offending members from participating in their tread all together and not just their personal ignore list that will save the rest of us from having to deal with offending members.

As far being able to delete/remove things, I'm not sure we'd all use that as intended. Done would simply remove anything they don't agree with or from those they've decided they don't like. I do think others would indeed use it only to remove the junk that doesn't contribute in any sort of meaningful way, such as the bickering and off topic derailments we often see.

I also think it would be nice to have the option to delete your own thread entirely. Sometimes we make a mistake. Sometimes we misjudge a subject. Sometimes we can see we've only stirred a hornet's nest. Whatever the case may be, it would be nice to have the ability to nuke your own thread and be fine with it. Same goes for your own post/comment in other threads. Sure, you have the brief ability to edit it for up to like a day, but sometimes that's not long enough.

I'm trying to speak for all here, not just me lol. It's based on what I've heard or seen from others as well as my own feelings.
I used it before and quite effective for my intended posts. It is the OP's discretion. In my case, I deleted posts that I agree on but irrelevant - filtering pertinent information to the subject matter. Of course, if I disagree with the information, it is not what I am looking for. In short, use with discretion.šŸ˜‡

I don't like deleting or closing treads because there is usually some good nuggets of info if you can stomach the BS trying to sift through it.

it might be helpful if the OP and OP only could block offending members from participating in their tread all together and not just their personal ignore list that will save the rest of us from having to deal with offending members.
That's an interesting idea in the second paragraph. Could be on to something there, but I'm sure it could also create more inadvertent drama, as I'm sure no one wants to be the one that gets excluded lol.