what load for paper and totes....6.5 creedmor

Elkwonder

I just snagged a Ruger precision in 6.5 creedmor and was looking for a good round that can be dual purpose. I am mainly looking to get into 1000 yard shooting so that is my primary concern. However, It would also be nice in coyote season later on when the dogs hang up at farther distances to have a load that will serve well to not tear giant holes in them. The barrel is a 1:8 twist........
SO what would you all recommend.........Thanks in advance for any help!!!

140 gr A-max pushed by 41.5 gr H-4350 with a Fed 210 match primer .010 off lands. If you want to go faster 120 A-Max with Varget and the same primer

http://www.65creedmoor.com/

We are pretty over the top on the 6.5 Creedmoor .
I shoot the 144gr Lapua FMJBT. The G1 comes out to the mid 500s from the mid velocity 6.5s and it pokes a hole in one side and out the other. I know there are the rabid anti fmj people everywhere. But this bullet works very well. Another option is the Cutting Edge and GS Custom bullets. And the target 140s like the Nosler CCs the Hornady hpbt and the Berger VLD Target bullet. The Berger Hunting VLD will probably open up and blow a huge hole out the far side.
The great thing about the 6.5 Creedmoor is it's a lot of fun to shoot a lot and not very expensive so you can play around and find just the right bullet and load.

I am running 140 VLD's at 2.805" with 42.3 grains of H4350, using normal CCI large rifle primers, I need to test it with the 210 primers. I am getting 2786 MV with a can I get a big jump for some reason in MV.

It does fine at 1000, no problem at all.

Also, go with the 139 Scenar's seated to 2.8, using 41.6 H4350, seems to be the PRS load of choice

For paper you could use the GSC SP bullet. It is 1.31" long so you get pretty close to the BC of a far heavier bullet but much more speed. Momentum is similar but energy is higher and time of flight is usually shorter.

For anything that you want to eat it is best to use something from the HV range. The HV range is designed to kill effectively but not damage a lot of meat.

We can get good start loads for you and a load workup is easier than with conventional smooth or grooved bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.