What is your go to bow?

Elite z28, and 2013 hunter. PSE vendetta xl from 2010 is my main bow last 3 years, easier to draw at higher draw weight than the Matthews creed from 2013. PSE at 70lb and creed at 65ish.
PSE is the only one I bought new when I went back to archery hunting.
Didn't get a shot on cow elk last week when using the Matthews because shoulder was hurting and jacket binding, couldn't hold steady so had to let down. Shouldn't have wore that jacket...

I do think the Matthews is a little more accurate.

Primary which I really like
2013 Mathews chill x

PSE evoke 35
Backup bow which I hate the hand shock on but don't feel the need to spend more money for elk at 20 meters

618704A6-17E9-4A34-8296-27CA93268D4B.jpeg

…but I just can't seem to part ways with something that works so well for me.
Same here, although the newer bows are nicer just can't seem to part ways with my older bow. I did notice that that the feel of the draw curve/cycle changes with what draw module I had one my mr5. When I had the 28" draw module on, the "hump" felt very stiff to go over; on a whim I tried a 27.5" draw module and the "hump" felt so much smoother to cam over.

My oldest son has the halon 5 and now my youngest son will be shooting the vxr next year. Shooting these three bows side by side you can definitely feel the technology advancement improve with each model. Every bow company does make a great bow now and everyone really has to shoot them to see what feels good to them.

Well, been a PSE shooter about all my life.
Older now and things don't work as well now, bad shoulder!
So went to the crossbow side of it, Raven R10.
Crank it to lock it and crank it to un-lock it, don't get no better!!

How's the draw cycle feel? I remember it was brutal on the X-force.
Not at all, I have 8 high end bows for various disciplines of archery (target, 3d, hunting)....and despise harsh draw bows, all to pick up 6 FPS.

With the Bowtech modular cams (Experience, Destroyer, Reign, etc) the key to a smooth draw cycle is to set you draw length peg stop at your draw length....then set the rotating inner let-off cam 1/2" shorter. So it fakes the bow out to start the let-off sooner, thus making the valley much longer. So a 28" peg stop=a 27 1/2" mod setting. I compared the setting matched, then backset 1/2" and the difference was 4 FPS.

The draw stop is up top, the rotating cam let-off is the red module.

D3405.png