Votes: 822 22.2%
  • 45-54

Votes: 849 22.9%
  • 55-64

Votes: 810 21.9%
  • 65+

Votes: 313 8.4%

• Total voters
Yes it's good to be young, laughing and working every day.
Practice hard at what you enjoy, You too will join this distinguished
group of old farts. Sooner than you think.

34 and feels like 80. Well, now perhaps you should quit running into trees or falling down from too much wobbley knees juice or a dozen other things people do to to make themselves feel bad.

All you need is to pick up the long shooter and spend a day at the range, shooting .4s at a 1000 yrds.

A couple dozen or so of thoses and you will feel 20.

Next month I celebrate my 80th birthday.

Hunter1

I turned 19 January 1st this year . and i pay for all my toys a gizmos . I mean roofing aint fun but hey it lets me afford a lapua so why complain in this economy gun)

34 and feels like 80. Well, now perhaps you should quit running into trees or falling down from too much wobbley knees juice or a dozen other things people do to to make themselves feel bad.

All you need is to pick up the long shooter and spend a day at the range, shooting .4s at a 1000 yrds.

A couple dozen or so of thoses and you will feel 20.

Next month I celebrate my 80th birthday.

Hunter1

Good for you my 80 year old friend. I'm 54 and 7/12ths unless I'm doing some roofing work on my shed I don't feel 54. I try to work out regularly. As for shooter who is 34 and feels like 80 ? Change your ways bro "LIFE ISN'T A REHEARSAL"

Howdy Iron Worker,

Interesting name, is that what you do to buy the groceries? Tough job,
be very careful my friend.

Yes, we only pass this way once, so it's best not to hurry.
After you retire, if what was fun becomes work, it may be time to move on.
Some one always has something they would like you to do.

Well I have a rifle to sight in and shoot for score. After that I need to reload
a bunch of rounds.

Howdy Iron Worker,

Interesting name, is that what you do to buy the groceries? Tough job,
be very careful my friend.

Yes, we only pass this way once, so it's best not to hurry.
After you retire, if what was fun becomes work, it may be time to move on.
Some one always has something they would like you to do.

Well I have a rifle to sight in and shoot for score. After that I need to reload
a bunch of rounds.

I hung up my tool belt a year and a half ago. Now I'm a retired Iron worker. I live here in Reno NV and would like to start a 2nd career ? I just moved I need to set up my loading bench. Today is the Nevada Caucus I'll be doing my American duty this morning. ..... Sight that rifle in and may you win that match.

Second career ? I did that. Bought 10 acres in the high desert of Central Oregon. Set it up to raise meat goats to feed the starving masses. Forgot one vital thing, the starving masses don't have any money. Oh well I have enough fertilizer for my rather large garden to last several years. Now if I can figure out, what do do with the other eight dry land acres.

Maybe I'll raise Jack rabbits and coyotes. Or as the new generation pronounces it "Coyoteeeees". Thanks W.D. and Sat morn TV.

I'm not shooting matches yet. I just want to see what kind of holes this
7mm will punch. This club has about a match every two weeks later in the
spring.

Savage LDH 111, 7mm Rem Mag. long action. with brake and Karsten cheek rest. Double checking setup right now. Put on a sight level yesterday.
I will get back to you with results later.

35, Only twenty more years and I should be able to retire, or at least quit the shift work.

Brent

I used to think that too, my first wife ensured that I will work until I am at least 66. I just turned 58 so I still have a few years of work left.

Luckily, good health runs in my family so I can still do whatever I want, even if it may not be as fast as I want.

One thing about getting older. Time has a habit of speeding up and in no
time at all you will be 65. In hardly a recognizable flash, you will cellebrate
your 70th birthday. Time goes even faster after that.

You don't have to act your age either, that's up to you. I seem to find new
interesting projects every where I look.

Just be sure that you take some time to smell the roses and enjoy the
warmth of the sun and your friends along the way.

In the meantime shoot them in the middle.