Votes: 452 31.6%
  • 61 to 80 yards

Votes: 189 13.2%
  • 81 to 100 yards

Votes: 64 4.5%
  • Over 100 yards

Votes: 110 7.7%

• Total voters
I heard that story told by a commercial fisherman from Bristol bay.

Suggested reading"Bow Hunting by Howard Hill." I believe Fred Bear
has a publication as well and a video. Quite entertaining.

58 yards.... Lucky shot, I ranged it and it was getting dark and he wasn't coming in, and I held off a good 10 inches of his back and hit him, my third pin was only sighted for 30 yards.... Perfect double lung shot

I have my sight pins set at 20, 30, 40, 50 & 60 yards. I practice at those yards
and am proficient at those yards. I do practice shooting at longer yards and stack
my pins. When hunting I seldom shoot anything over 20 yards because I like to get close.

not big game or super long range but i tagged a fox squirrel off of a tree branch at 33 yards with a older bear recurve. probably the best shot ill ever make lol

I keep one arrow with one of those judo tips in my quiver for pesky squirrels. I had one last year who sat on a log and barked and barked at me and would not leave. Ranged him at 16 yards and hit him right in the nose. It wasn't very far but it was very satisfying.
Actually I hit high because I was aiming center mass. He never knew what hit him.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.