What is this??

Dave King

Here's another in the series "What has Ian M. taken a picture of now and how much is it going to cost me??"

what-is-this.jpg

(You don't win anything for getting it correct but you do get instant world-wide recognition by a smallish but select group of people.)

P.S. It's not a pony, I already checked that out.

Looks to be a Lone Star Field Products Versatile Rest System, bench model.
Wayne

NOOOOO... not that. The fuzzy thing in the background!! Everyone knowns that the thing in the foreground is a Lone Star Veritable Backrest metal thing, or whatever you said.

Okay, actually you're probably correct. I've never seen one in person but I did see one on TV once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

AT

Okay, so everyone but me knows what it is. I'll ask for something more difficult next time he sends something.

I think the fuzzy stuff is grass dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dave,
These guys are sharp! Maybe I should have left the Black Hills match ammo out of the image. Check out www.longstarfieldproducts.com

As the decal says, this stuff is made in the good old U - S of A. Sure nice to see somebody doing it right, they had a chance to have it made in China and the owner said "We are training American kids to run the CNC's, we take a lot of pride in our products - no offshore stuff!" This is a fine machine, the first portable rest that I have ever felt worth owning.

For those interested, this is an amazing device and I can see some critters biting the dust as a result of its use.

Biggest boo-boo so far was not tightening the primary lockbolt, rifle was very steady but we could see our heartbeat every time it pumped. Shot some groups that were very good, but the old heartbeat thing was a ****off. Remembered something about tightening that top handle, heartbeat thing went away. Either my shooting buddy and I went into circulatory arrest or the rig starting getting easier to split hairs with. Shot some one holers at 100 yards for five shots with our mighty .308's and Black Hills 175's, my buddy didn't even bother to go retrieve the targets. "We can do that anytime with this rig and ammo..." was his rational for not getting the groups.

Not cheap, but when was great equipment cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.