What is going on with Nosler?

I recently discussed the "blem" issue with the Nosler sales rep for the Northwest. "Blems" are the first 2,000 bullets that come off any new production run. They are considered blems because they are handled for measuring, weighing, etc. to make sure the dies are properly calibrated for the production run. It does not mean that they have any form of defect, not even cosmetic. Bullets that flunk weight, measurement, etc are destroyed. The "blems" are packaged in bags instead of boxes and sold exclusively through a shop in Oregon. If you carefully weigh and measure boxed non-blem Noslers, you will find all the same variations as with the blems.

Ok so I recently bought several boxes of Nosler 130 Grn Ballistic Tips, in 270,from Nosler which will be kept for hunting and three packets of 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tip BLEMS, from Shooters Pro Shop, for the first time. Opened all three plastic bags, 50 Bullets in each bag, and separated all the 150 bullets by weight, a few at 129.6 ; 129.8 and lots of them 129.9 ; also lots130.0 and 130.1. 1 bullet out of 150 was 130.5 grns. Not so good. I saw no visible discoloration of the jackets. The yellow tips look just fine, but I did not have "magnifiers" on as I observed them. Just my regular glasses. That was Good!!! So, I have lots of factory new Nosler 130 grn bullets , and a few packets of these 130 Grn Blems separated by weight. Set for several seasons both at the range and in the field , for the 270 Win deer Rifle. Use the blems for taking friends to the range and hit paper at 100 yards, just for fun. I remain a big fan Nosler Bullets!!!

Ok so I recently bought several boxes of Nosler 130 Grn Ballistic Tips, in 270,from Nosler which will be kept for hunting and three packets of 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tip BLEMS, from Shooters Pro Shop, for the first time. Opened all three plastic bags, 50 Bullets in each bag, and separated all the 150 bullets by weight, a few at 129.6 ; 129.8 and lots of them 129.9 ; also lots130.0 and 130.1. 1 bullet out of 150 was 130.5 grns. Not so good. I saw no visible discoloration of the jackets. The yellow tips look just fine, but I did not have "magnifiers" on as I observed them. Just my regular glasses. That was Good!!! So, I have lots of factory new Nosler 130 grn bullets , and a few packets of these 130 Grn Blems separated by weight. Set for several seasons both at the range and in the field , for the 270 Win deer Rifle. Use the blems for taking friends to the range and hit paper at 100 yards, just for fun. I remain a big fan Nosler Bullets!!!
What were your specs for the 1st with the same bullet?

i have been searching for 7mm 160gr forever. luckily i found loaded ammo for my 28 nosler before hunting season. i'm about done stocking up on brass for it, but i only have 2 boxes of the bullets to work with so i'm going to switch to eld-x's for now.

I use them all the time.They shoot great and kill great.The thing I watch out for the most is,I noticed when using my comparator,the distance from the base of the cartridge to the ogive can vary a bit from lot to lot.So keep that in mind when mixing different lots of bullets.It could affect your seating depth enough to affect your accuracy.

Back in the late 80 s and into the 90 s the SPS blems ( Shooters Pro Shop) were a great deal. Could get 100 quantity in a plastic bag for $10-12 plus freight.

Not so much the deal anymore. The Blems are slightly less than firsts but not significant. They might say they re discounted 20% or so but it s usually off the full msrp type pricing. The shops who have firsts typically weren't charging the msrp, at least when things were somewhat normal.

Currently if they have some of what you need it helps keep you shooting but like most things not what it once was!!