Hornady,what is going on here.

G

I am confused. I have a bullet here that I thought was an A-max from a while back. It has a big red tip,no channelure,it is long and sleek.
I just came across a box,unopened,of hornady A-max. These bullets are a little shorter,the tip is smaller. They look exactly the same as the SST bullet but with out the channelure.
I thought the long stretched out bullet with the big tip was the A-max. I am confused.These are all 140gr,6.5,witha red tip.

Frank--
I think you have the first generation AMAX, as Hornady modified it several times before getting to the current generation. Call Hornady and they can tell you what you have. Chris

I talked to Hornady today and they confirmed they have in fact changed the a-max. Too bad. On the up side they said the new a-max should be more explosive than the sst. Sounds good for ground hogs and maybe small deer.They said it would make a good groundhog bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.