What is a good chrono?

srhaggerty

I have been looking at different chronographs and I am not quite sure which one to get. I have been trying to find the Oehler 35P, but can't. Also saw one made by PACT. Is that a good one?

I have only had the chronograph! I would like to have to whole package, maybe one of these days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RSI is very handy for special projects but doesn't bring "that much" more to the party for standard type reloading.

Been using one for a while now off and on on some experiments. The largest hassle is the lap top that it takes to run it.

I think that ES and SD will tell you all you need to know, generally. Then factor in case life and pressure signs and you have most of what you need.

There are other things that it reveals that otherwise go unnoticed such as secondary pressure spikes. I'm looking forward to hooking it to the 270AM........

PS: was it you that have some WC 169.5s that you wanted to move. If so email me.

Roy it was. As it turns out our good friend Kirby was kind enough to exchange the 169.5 for the equivalent 195 bullets. So I am now set to do a lot of testing on those and kill a moose and hopefully a deer.

Thanks for the response.

Not to hijack but: Don't know your moose hunt area but a fella just got back from Fog Butte, desert between Kilgore & St. Anthony.

Saw one doe (non shooter) and 11 moose. Plus there is a large cow hangin' behind my place......

To get back on track, I'm thinking my next chrono will be a Pact......

No worries. My wife drew 69-3 which is Antelope creek.

Way to throw a wrench in there. LOL!

Now it is between the CED or the PACT.

[ QUOTE ]
Is Oehler out of business? I just bought one 8 months ago, that is my preferance. It has worked flawlessly. IP

[/ QUOTE ]

They are still in business, but only make chronographs for commercial use - no more units for us little guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.