What exactly is being banned??

Smoak352

I know that AR-15 and other "assault weapons" are on the proposed bill. My question is are they going to ban the manufacture, ownership, or sale of assault weapons. After the bill will I be able to sell them?

After the bill will I be able to sell them?

In one of the proposals by Diane Finestein I read that answer would be no. You would have to register them, no sale, no transfer and you could not hand them down even at the time of death. That same proposal was so vague and poorly written that it would include any rifle with a fixed or detachable magazine that held over 10 rounds. So does that include grandpa's octagon barreled 1890 Winchester 22? Would they also seize it at time of death and destroy it instead of it being passed on as it was in the past??

We need to keep fighting this guys. Write letters to your local politicians NOW...

Jeff

Slowly but surely, what is being banned is your freedom, not just guns, but everything.

If this is not stopped dead in its tracks, it will soon be welcome to the gulag for all of us.

I can only answer to what I believe will happen which at this point is only proposals. My belief is based on the what I see happening from day to day.

What is going to be banned? Nothing! What you saw 2 weeks ago as proposals, and executive orders to band this or that has been trimmed back considerably, so much so that the executive orders we all heard about are little more than symbolic at this point, after cummo's stunt in NY, and the way we've all stood up and hollered "HELL NO!!!!" I feel pretty strongly that we've turned the tide. Now I firmly believe now is the time that we need to turn it on all the way, not relax but to keep the pressure on and increasing, so that the real changes that need to be made are made, that we send a message to those that would conspire to attack the principals that what our country and our national values are based will be stopped and not tolerated

I can only answer to what I believe will happen which at this point is only proposals. My belief is based on the what I see happening from day to day.

What is going to be banned? Nothing! What you saw 2 weeks ago as proposals, and executive orders to band this or that has been trimmed back considerably, so much so that the executive orders we all heard about are little more than symbolic at this point, after cummo's stunt in NY, and the way we've all stood up and hollered "HELL NO!!!!" I feel pretty strongly that we've turned the tide. Now I firmly believe now is the time that we need to turn it on all the way, not relax but to keep the pressure on and increasing, so that the real changes that need to be made are made, that we send a message to those that would conspire to attack the principals that what our country and our national values are based will be stopped and not tolerated

Exactly Joe, Im sick of these anti americans living here and pushing anti Liberty BS everyday while we set and dont say much until we really need to to push them back in under the rock they continue to crawl out from under, we need to play there game in the sort that every day we need to push our PRO LIBERTY AGENDA!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.