ive been banned

Is there not a section that allows political conversations involving firearms and the 2nd amendment?

Is there not a section that allows political conversations involving firearms and the 2nd amendment?

That is what Im saying...I mean the title of this thread section is "Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)" so this would be where it goes (if the admin approves it). Somehow it lead to a conversation about a guys ****** hunting ethics and guys playing grab ***.

Somehow it lead to a conversation about a guys ****** hunting ethics and guys playing grab ***.

And that is why the rule exist! Keep the personal attacts out of it!!!!
I'm with Shane on this one=Its important that we stick to our guns,repect other peopes opinions and persaveir

I was banned on the fireline fourm because i posted a couple links to petitions to sign to let people know your thoughts on future gun control issues. I posted it and the post was locked and i told the moderator that i couldnt see any logical reason that he would lock a post like that. Ive chuckled in the past at that same moderator closing posts just because he didnt agree with someones opinion. Kind of comical how big some peoples egos are!! Sure no loss to me. I kind of feel like an outlaw as its the first time ive ever been banned from a fourm!
icon_wink.gif

It begs for me to ask you... Did you happen to read the users agreement when you initially signed up for the forum? I already know the answer but I want to hear it from you.....

Forums like that and this one ar privately owned and administrated and those owners are free to act as arbitrarily as they wish when it comes to moderation and/or banning a poster.

Your participation on this forum or any other forum will be governed by that particular users agreement. You obviously violated the agreement.

People tend to forget that nothing is free on the Interet, especially forums..... This one included.

Always good to know the rules before inserting one's foot in one's posterior.:D

That is what Im saying...I mean the title of this thread section is "Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)" so this would be where it goes (if the admin approves it). Somehow it lead to a conversation about a guys ****** hunting ethics and guys playing grab ***.

Hopefully, Lloyd learned his lesson on other forums and things go well.

Last edited:
I was banned on the fireline fourm because i posted a couple links to petitions to sign to let people know your thoughts on future gun control issues. I posted it and the post was locked and i told the moderator that i couldnt see any logical reason that he would lock a post like that. Ive chuckled in the past at that same moderator closing posts just because he didnt agree with someones opinion. Kind of comical how big some peoples egos are!! Sure no loss to me. I kind of feel like an outlaw as its the first time ive ever been banned from a fourm!
icon_wink.gif

That forum sucks anyway. They did you a favor. As far as crop management and stacking deer like cord wood in your pickup I'm all for that too.

i guess we will let the fourm owner or moderator decide that. there free to decide what is important here and if needed delete this post anytime. Personaly like i said theres nothing more important to guys like most of us on here that buy and shoot guns then the issues happening around us right now. Sticking your head in the sand sure doesnt help anyone here. Maybe a suggestion for here would be to do something like the cast bullet forum does. Have a polititcal addition to the fourm. If you want to post or read it do so if you dont just dont look at that portion of the forum. Sure guys disagree there but your told before you click on it to wear your big boy pants. Again its only a suggestion. Im sure not here to tell anyone how to run there forum or to tell anyone what to do. If you knew me personaly youd know thats not the way i operate.

Last edited:
Im surely not here to stir the pot. Funny how some guys start getting personal. Look around the internet at the sights I frequent and youll find that my opinions and experience are respected and so am I. Im a moderator myself on a couple fourms. As to crop damage shooting ill say this. ITS NOT HUNTING! Its shooting deer so that a farmer can make a profit off of his crops and you can then buy food at prices you can afford. He would go broke if he let the deer go unchecked. It isnt a bit differnt then a corn farmer spraying his crop to kill bugs that destroy them or you shooting a raccon thats destroying your own garden. Its not hunting and i never claimed it to be. It is strickly controled by our dnr and we have strict rules to follow and quotas based on actual crop damage and are watched closely. IF you think it cant be work come and join us for a couple days. Funny thing is most local hunters are all for us. We done alot toward evening out the buck to doe ratio and theyve notice a big increase in buck quality. Come hunting season you wont find a more ethical hunter in the woods then me. the only reason i even bring it up on a site like this is to share my experiences with differnt calibers and bullet performance to help stear people away from advice from people that dont really have a clue. chosing a caliber or a band of bullet to some is like chosing the brand of truck they buy. Critisize there choise and its about like critisizing there kids. yes i shoot more deer in a year then the average guy does in his lifetime. Is it wrong to share my opinons and experiences? Is it wrong that about 50 percent of the meat we take goes to a food bank and about half what i keep is given to friends? thing is when i post i am opinionated no doubt. But my opinions come from actuall field experience. Why some tend to take it personaly is beyond me. Its not me this to a personal level or stirred up ###. I honestly thought i was posting something that all of us as gun owners should be conserned with. It was a post i wasnt even looking for replys to. Figured youd read it and sign the petitions if you wanted to and pass if you didnt. Simple as that. sure wasnt meant to stir up anyone and it sure didnt have anything to do with hunting ethics. Ill do the good thing here and let this one die now. Again to the fourm owner and moderators if ive been out of line i appologize and feel free to close or delete this. I enjoy this fourm more then most. Like i said its one fourm where even an old dog can learn tricks from the younger bunch and thank the owner of this forum for allowing me the privilage of being here to learn.

Last edited:
i guess we will let the fourm owner or moderator decide that. there free to decide what is important here and if needed delete this post anytime. Personaly like i said theres nothing more important to guys like most of us on here that buy and shoot guns then the issues happening around us right now. Sticking your head in the sand sure doesnt help anyone here. Maybe a suggestion for here would be to do something like the cast bullet forum does. Have a polititcal addition to the fourm. If you want to post or read it do so if you dont just dont look at that portion of the forum. Sure guys disagree there but your told before you click on it to wear your big boy pants. Again its only a suggestion. Im sure not here to tell anyone how to run there forum or to tell anyone what to do. If you knew me personaly youd know thats not the way i operate.[/QUOTE]

He don't I don't, in fact you are nothing but an electronic signature, just as I am.

I agree that current issues have brought the debate and ensuing legislation to the forefront but it's still not a reason to break any users agreement and if in the eyes of th moderator/owner, you did, it's their prerogative to remove you.

Chalk it up to experience and human nature and move on.....lightbulb

Gary, I'm not going to disagree with you. Again this is LONG Range Hunting site as I assume we all deal with fair chase in taking of our animals and experience with bullets deals with that or match shooting maybe varmints.

I don't know many hunters that consider shooting animal over bait or even crop damage as real hunting. I'm sure when the rules were written here they never considered that since we as hunter knew what it meant.

LLoyd is famous as the crop damage killing king he claims more deer truck loads and the list goes on. I asked him one time about fair chase on another site and how that relates to hunting and sure won't tell you his answer. I'm not saying what hes doing is wrong but has nothing to do with hunting as we know it.

Lloyd's never worried about what image he portrait as a hunter when he start bragging and would anyone want young hunter reading his post.

Gary, lot more to this than you think.

Good post Tom!

in todays world we have people going hungry, and we have people wasting meat. Sorta gets under my skin a little bit. If I were to take a few head of deer because of crop damage, I be the first one to donate the meat to every homeless shelter I could find. Secondly (like your post said), I'd never be bragging about doing this! I'd almost be ashamed of doing it.
gary

Good post Tom!

in todays world we have people going hungry, and we have people wasting meat. Sorta gets under my skin a little bit. If I were to take a few head of deer because of crop damage, I be the first one to donate the meat to every homeless shelter I could find. Secondly (like your post said), I'd never be bragging about doing this! I'd almost be ashamed of doing it.
gary

Shelters won't take it but you can still go through a church or something and find someone to help out.

I don't even understand the issues with crop damage hunts, some of the hardest most technical hunts I've been on have been crop damage hunts a few have been like shooting fish in a barrel but still had to employ some skills. Never seen a crop damage hunt that meat was wasted, all of them have been done to maximize the meat that goes to the food bank or to the shooter. Over population is over population, don't matter if it's prairie dogs, deer or elk, you got two choices manage them with a rifle or let disease do it, much less wasteful to damage hunt and you can target certain animal with a rifle where disease culls them all!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.