What equipment to buy

nal3470

Wanting to get into loading for long range hunting and targets. Any advice on which press is best and equipment is greatly appreciated . I have helped my buddy load some for my rifles on his ribs supreme so I have very little experience

You cant really beat the RCBS kits to start out. Keep It Simple to start out you can add other stuff as you go.
If you are wanting volume and or accuracy I would avoid kits. I used the various pieces of my first kit for about 2 weeks before I outgrew them. Then I started purchase real equipment to get the job done. I think you should tell us how often you shoot and what your hunting/shooting style is. It would also be nice to know your budget. I started, like most probably do, with a cheap kit. I wish I would have just subscribed to the buy nice not twice theory as with most of my endeavors.

I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like to I will probably be loading fifty to 75 rounds at a reloading session and would probably load five times a year roughly

I'd buy a kit. I've been loading many years but still use the press and other parts from my first kit. You can load great bullets from everything in a kit. You can add trinkets and bobbles down the road if you desire but for the most part, you don't need to. I got a RCBS kit years ago and got more than my money's worth from it.

I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like to I will probably be loading fifty to 75 rounds at a reloading session and would probably load five times a year roughly

You need to be honest with yourself. If you are really only going to reload that many rounds I would go with a Kit. The only thing I still use from my kit is the press and I rarely use it because I have moved to a Forster CoAx. I wish I would have bought it much sooner.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts