What do you use to level the reticle?

I read in the buyers' comments on slavazon that you must remove the wedge piece before you tighten-down the ring screws. If you don't, you'll clamp the wedge piece under the scope.

Good eye nvschutze.
One of the folks that used that device said he got his almost stuck but learned his lesson by slightly pulling partially out after lightly tightened 2 screws and each time he tightened 2 more cross he took the cross piece out a little more until it was all tight.
That's the way I did it and will soon see if it was blind luck as others has said, as I ordered a new scope and when it arrives I will use that same little tool again and see if its blind luck or not.
The scope will be here Monday.It is a Bushnell Nitro 5-20X44 I got from cameraland.com.
It may come too late in the day to mount but will mount it as soon as I can.
No hurry as we have a storm coming to visit and will drop snow and temps but I'll post when I get it on and verified by ttt.
Old Rooster

Got the scope on with that little device.This time it took 3 attempts to tighten and end up straight.
I may end up lapping those Talley rings as when I tightened them they twisted the scope a little off.They say NEVER lapp Talley rings as they are good to go but actions are not perfect and something caused those Talley's to move even though I tighten in a criss cross patern.
It's on and looks like its straight using a plumb bob and a 4 foot level hanging on a wall,A ttt will tell the story.
Old Rooster

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.