What do you guys do in the off season?

Oh and don't forget most years (not this year as I just had a shoulder replaced) but spring pre run off fly fishing on the Gallatin and Madison

just hanging out

Attachments

• turkey strut 002.JPG
    turkey strut 002.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 54
Who doesn't get just a little sad when hunting season is over? Springtime for me can be somewhat depressing, perhaps its the colorless and winter torn look of the high-country I love to play in. But spring also is a new beginning of a whole new type of activities, as it begins to warm up and green begins flourish through the hills, there is still much to do. It might be shed hunting or hunting spring varmints, but here is a little project we did on what to do in the off season:

Off Season??? Hunting season over?? Colorless?? Depressing??? No Comprehendae!!! Man, no speaka da language. I can't get everything done I have available to do now!!!! Don't know how I had time to "work" before I "retired." Man, I'm fully understanding being "retired." I was tired yesterday when I got home after midnight, and I'm gonna be tired again.....when I get home tomorrow morning in time to shower, put on some civies and go to early worship service. Considering getting a part time job just to separate end of one season from start of next season. NAW.....NOT!!!! My bad, dumb idea. There, dumped that terrible idea. All better now. There's deer season....firearm, archery, anterless, alternative; firearm and archery turkey season....Spring and Fall; elk, duck and goose; upland birds; squirrel and rabbit; crow; coyote and varmint. And, there's the 12-month annual gun buying season, and the Perennial Rescue Season.... fish from water, beer from bottles, wild women from young lads....Please, forgive me, God. You know I'm a wretched project in progress. Then, there's the motor coach trips. Gotta kill some clays and ring some steel in there somewhere. Oh, and NOTE TO SELF: don't forget, gotta start Politician and Liberal and Thumping the Tax Man seasons. I'm old, gotta come up for air once a season or so. Tomorrow's one of them days.....Spring starts at 10.33AM tomorrow.....right after church. Will grab a breath over lunch, and hit it again. Heading to Barrett for another round of MRAD and M107A1 Armorer Cert classes in April, then back through town in motor coach for Easter Sunday, en route to farm for Spring Turkeys and Spring farm chores. Fuel up the coach for Houston to NRA Annual Convention over Memorial Weekend. Really, really want to go to Heaven. But, dear God, please, may I have just a little more time and strength to work on this To Do List with which you have so graciously blessed me?

Yes TBell, she was home grown. 70 years of same party governance have taken their toll on NM. It is easy to buy tags here if you have the money. Landowner's sell bull elk tags to Outfitters for $5,000. Who knows what the outfitters charge.
Just real odd, NM is what i would consider real country folk (a very good thing in my book) how does that party get such a foothold?

Dirt bikes, cars/track/auto cross, hit the lake for drinking & surfing, golf, few trips (AK this summer), family, shooting…. Plenty of hobbies. I like variety.

Just real odd, NM is what i would consider real country folk (a very good thing in my book) how does that party get such a foothold?
After hunting NM a couple of times I wondered the same thing!

The people I've been around were all highly conservative and incredibly disappointed in their govt. As was mentioned earlier, the unions and subsidies are a factor and when combined with a high population of immigrants from the southern border it seems this is what you get.

I hunted NM in Nov and was surprised as well. The locals said it's all the liberals who've moved into Santa Fe & Albuquerque causing the shift to being more democratic vs republican.

I hunted NM in Nov and was surprised as well. The locals said it's all the liberals who've moved into Santa Fe & Albuquerque causing the shift to being more democratic vs republican.
Well I live and hunt here, so they are right! The state is fairly conservative, but Santa Fe Albq and Las Cruces are the biggest population centers and unfortunately that's where the leftist have moved in and taken over. And we all know that drives the rest of the state.

California used to be a "purple" state with a "conservative" Governor Ronald Reagan. A very prosperous agricultural state with aerospace, manufacturing, tech and even firearms industry. Sierra, Berger, Barnett, all started down there. They had huge warehouses/ armories with hundreds of parts kits, police trade ins, ete. It was a firearm's/ sportman's mecca. I say this to illustrate how much it's changed. They have a method they use to turn states. It's pretty much the same for the last thirty years that I've seen.

Back to the original program. Like I said earlier we fish year round. And before various hunting seasons I'll get some loading in. This year I think I'll exercise and train by dry firing more.