What do different group shapes tell me?

Well, if I can do this right, there should be a picture of the ladder load test from today. I had an hour after work today before it got dark out, and I rushed to get the shots in. Unfortunately, my battery on the chronograph died on me, and I didn't have a spare.:( I am pretty sure that I pulled shot #7 to the right, and that screwed me up enough so for shot #8 I didn't even look at the wind flags.:mad: The table is made from 4x4's for legs, and 3/4" plywood for the top. The gun rests in a sort of Caldwell lead sled and usually I can shoot with only my hand resting lightly on the stock, free recoil. I took the 4-wheeler down the 300 Yds after every shot to mark the target, The gun was left in the rest, albet twisted to one side, with the bolt open. (I don't care if I'm the only one around, I still don't want to be in front of a gun, even if it has the bolt open & no cartridge in the gun!)

Rifle is a factory Browning A-Bolt Mountain Ti in .243. Distance is 300 Yds. WInchester primers, new Lapua brass, IMR-4831 powder and 85g Barnes TSX loaded .005 off of the lands. Scope is a Leupold VX-III 3-10 x 40. No AO, scope was on 10 power. Aiming point was the shoot-n-see target at the top of the page. No scope adjustments were made. Ambient temp was 36*F, Wind was generally <5 mph from 3:00. First 100 Yds is in the open, last 200 Yds is in a lane cut into a 70 year old or so woods. Powder increments were .3 grain. Sorry for the bad pic. Until it gets light out that is as good as it's going to get.

2 different nodes?? thoughts and comments welcomed!
102_0690.jpg

The 1st sighter was from a cold clean gun to see if I was close. #2 is right behind the day portion of the date. I have no idea why #10 is so high - the shot felt good to me. I know, I know, without chronograph readings it's hard to tell what was going on.....

Besides load #12 and #13, anything else warrant a 2nd look?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.