What causes this?

I experienced something similar with Jameson brass for a 280 Remington. I wasn't fire forming just shooting. I had never seen it before either. Just figured it was soft brass. I have disposed of it and gotten different brass and not seen that issue again.

I experienced something similar with Jameson brass for a 280 Remington. I wasn't fire forming just shooting. I had never seen it before either. Just figured it was soft brass. I have disposed of it and gotten different brass and not seen that issue again.

****! I just ordered 100 pieces of Jameson 220 Swift brass. I'm building a heavy-barreled Swift on a Rem700 action. I hope I don't have problems with Jameson too.

****! I just ordered 100 pieces of Jameson 220 Swift brass. I'm building a heavy-barreled Swift on a Rem700 action. I hope I don't have problems with Jameson too.

LR
Hopefully it will not be the same issue. I remember when I picked them up a midway it was several years ago. Then they disappeared off the site for a while and came back. I had reported the issue with pictures. Maybe they were able to resolve the issue.

Too often we get on here and complain or have problems with certain products and don't update our posts. The companies often make good but we never update our posts to give proper accolades. Hornady returned my emails promptly and not only replace my brass but doubled the amount!!! Here's an explanation Hornady sent me. Good company and friendly customer service personnel. Thank you Hornady.
Sir,
The problematic 6mm Rem cases that you returned have been inspected. We found that there was a hard spot in the cups used to manufacture this brass. We have 2 boxes of replacement on the way for you. They will ship UPS but will be delivered to your PO box. Thanks again,

download

Too heavy of a charge and the brass was a little thin in this batch, too much pressure and not enough brass to stretch that far, a slighty thin wall one one side of a batchbeing poured, wrong mixture when heated, was else could it be !

Last edited:
Too often we get on here and complain or have problems with certain products and don't update our posts. The companies often make good but we never update our posts to give proper accolades. Hornady returned my emails promptly and not only replace my brass but doubled the amount!!! Here's an explanation Hornady sent me. Good company and friendly customer service personnel. Thank you Hornady.
Sir,
The problematic 6mm Rem cases that you returned have been inspected. We found that there was a hard spot in the cups used to manufacture this brass. We have 2 boxes of replacement on the way for you. They will ship UPS but will be delivered to your PO box. Thanks again,

download

That's good to know and thanks for the update.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.