what caliber

A 300 WM with a 215 Hybrid will accomplish 99% of what any hunter will ever need. If anyone needs more, they are in the tiny group of guys that can take advantage of the ballistics of a 338 or 375 . I'm definitely not in that group.

Don't really care for either cartridge, but own a .300WM, and of those 2 options, that is what I would pick.

Also, don't overlook the 7mm RemMag. This is my recommendation. It can do nearly everything the .300WM can do, but with less recoil.

Heck, if your just shooting deer, a 6.5x284 would be a fine 1000 yard deer rifle. Especially with the new 155 Berger coming out. And it will be even cheaper yet to load than a 300, and WAY less recoil.

But as everyone else says, reloading will increase your long range potential, as well as allow you to shoot more because its way cheaper to load your ammo than buy it.

I guess I have all the wrong answers! I have a 300 WM , 7 SAUM and a 6.5x284. I love them all , but if if I could only keep one. . . .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts