What Cabelas Scope?

They seem ok. Turrets are mushy. No idea on tracking. They have huge sales and I saw the 5-25 model, FFP, x mas tree reticle for $150. Super tempting

I usually adhere to the law of you get what you pay for when it comes to glass. But when your talking 55% off of any non sale price!.......As an Illinois native, and being bound to a 12 or 20ga slug gun back in the day (when I retired from AD in 2011 I lost it as a residency state I dont know what they allow now), I put a Leupold 2-7 slug scope on it, and a Leupold 2-7 MZL scope on the H&R 50cal. I also have Simmons 3-9x 22Mag scopes on all my 22 rifles, you just cant beat those for $50 on a .22. But I have been burned by Vortex, got the 4.5 - 22x "Intrepid" a $750 Cabelas labeled scope, at 55% off. I would have been better off with a 2-7 Leupold shotgun scope. I put it on on 6.5 AR10 build and sold the whole thing for $750

You'll laugh at this. But back when I was still AD in Florida 07-08ish, I went into wally world and saw a 4-16x-50m red/green illuminated Target Turret CenterPoint for $69. I still have it! It goes on every new to me rifle to see if they are worthy of better glass or being sent down the road. That thing has been on probably 7 rifles, including a 6.5 Grendel that got me a couple nice muley does. In fact it is what is on my 300WM former problem child that has been sorted out, as I type this. It has survived 20ish rounds of factory 300WM ammo so far. It aint the clearest, or the lightest but it does it's job, and the crosshairs are verticle and horizontal which is more than I can say for the Intrepid.

Looks like the only real Cabelas candidates are 30mm or bigger, which would mean a new DNZ mount.