what advantage is gained by spiral fluting of bolt

The wrought iron on two of mine show no rubbing on cartridges....
The thin spiral I had done to my third bolt looks okay....but it isn't a pretty as the wrought iron....
I wonder...they should be able to recut it to wrought iron...
And I have another bolt......hmmm
Anyone know if LRI is discounting bolt flouting this winter....

I had LRI do two and they did a good job. I sent the other 20+ to Kampfeld customs and have stayed with him.

How good a job did kanpfeld do....qnd how fast was service and return....
I been trying to talk my local Smith into flouting...he says he doest have time.....

How good a job did kanpfeld do....qnd how fast was service and return....
I been trying to talk my local Smith into flouting...he says he doest have time.....
I like his work and can only compare it to lri. His work was great. Always has time to talk if you have questions. Best of all, he gets them back to you very quickly. I have sent bolts on a Thursday and had them back the next week. They don't seem to sit in his shop more than a day or two.
Side note, he was kind enough to do one for free that we built for a raffle. Good guy

I spiral fluted my barrel. Went with a fluted bolt to match. If I wanted to look like every slapdick at the range, I'd have told my Smith to build a rifle that looks factory...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.