What’s your favorite cartridge?

Great topic. Can't read them all but I've skipped through. Good stuff. For me in west Texas my favorite peace time cartridge is 22/250. Only centerfire rifle I owned for 20+ years in my early life and I'm still using it near daily. War time (or only one rifle time) it is 308/7.62.

My go everywhere gun is without a doubt my Sako 22 250 heavy barrel varmint and coyote slayer....Purchased in the mid 90s and topped with a Leupold Varmint long range and has taken its place riding shotgun every time i head to the mountains...when a friend goes and I put her in the back seat I know she is saying what the hell cant your crappy shooting buddy ride back there instead of me...LOL...For elk it has to be my Rem Sendero 300 Ultra Mag....years ago my buddies nick named the gun KABOOM...elk just give up and fall over dead at just the sight of the gun...Ok maybe I have to pull the trigger but then they do for sure...180 gr Accubond 96gr Reloders....3250 plus...and last but not least I love my Hills Country 280 Ackley topped with a VH 6 HD ...rolled its first elk last year. 280 yards on a full run left to right shooting a Hornady 162 ELDx..oh ya I lead the bull 4 feet...3 cartwheels and the bull was dead...and then theres my Dads 1952 Rem 721 30 06...ok Ill stop now...LOL

Best hunting cartridge I've ever used = .340 Weatherby. Killed everything I ever shot at with 1 round. From whitetails in a treestand at 30 yards to Dall Sheep at 450 yards, outstanding game round!
Don't think I've ever seen or shot one. Sounds interesting. Might have to look into that one. Course, my wife may other designs...🫢😒😡

7mm-08 and 7mm Rem Mag. First reloaded with 7RM back in early 90's. Absolutely loved that caliber and rifle (Rem 700). Decided on my first 7-08 in early 2000 and it is a struggle deciding which caliber to take when i go to the woods.

Don't think I've ever seen or shot one. Sounds interesting. Might have to look into that one. Course, my wife may other designs...🫢😒😡
340 is a good round if you like to get bounced around a lot for basically zero reason...! I ran thru two barrels, shot a ton load of chucks, yotes, elk and a lot of small big game like deer, lopes and black bear. (side note I refused to brake one, be fun to shoot one supressed though)

Real world, with the exception of elk at range there isn't a need for one, want I get and did that for almost 2 decades before I went back to my Big 7's.

On the small big game and out to 500 yards my 22/250 with standard 55's-63's the game will hit the turf just as fast and normally faster than with the 340 same with my 7 Mash.

But to each his own, that's why we're all so different eh:)

340 is a good round if you like to get bounced around a lot for basically zero reason...! I ran thru two barrels, shot a ton load of chucks, yotes, elk and a lot of small big game like deer, lopes and black bear. (side note I refused to brake one, be fun to shoot one supressed though)

Real world, with the exception of elk at range there isn't a need for one, want I get and did that for almost 2 decades before I went back to my Big 7's.

On the small big game and out to 500 yards my 22/250 with standard 55's-63's the game will hit the turf just as fast and normally faster than with the 340 same with my 7 Mash.

But to each his own, that's why we're all so different eh:)
I was thinking more as a companion to my 375HH. You shot chucks with that? Not much but dust and spray left??? Ohhh my.....

I packed a 340 wby for over 35 years.Shot everything with it.My son started shooting it at around 15,hes shot many a game animal with it.Been packing a 338NM last 12 years.I just love how a big 338 hits and bucks wind.Last buck I shot I had 50 cross wind,700 yard,and a big exit hole

I absolutely love the 378 Weatherby but for every day shooting the 243W & 6mmRem
What's yours?
I would have to say the 300 win mag perhaps because I have shot that more than anything else I have. I have a 375 Ruger that I am just getting used to and like it , like the 338 win mag, and the 6.5 creedmoors are pretty accurate and easier on the shoulder. What can you say like pretty much anything I have I like or wouldn't have bought it.

My safes hold several favorites. But I can honestly can say that last year's deer and bear season at home in the Oregon coast range ( think steep and thick ) my favorite caliber was 357. I chose the lightest, most compact gun in my safes. It was a stainless H&R handi rifle in 357 maximum 180 gr. bullets. I was going to use the stainless TC Encore 460 s&w, but found that when I had to sling it across my back to use all fours to climb the hills, the TC trigger guard gouged into my back. To backup the H&R single shot, I carried my general purpose trail gun on my belt. Smith and Wesson 686 plus. Never saw anything to shoot. 35 years ago a Ruger Blackhawk 357 max. worked well on muleys. Anyway, I sure liked carrying the 357 caliber.

I would have to say the 300 win mag perhaps because I have shot that more than anything else I have. I have a 375 Ruger that I am just getting used to and like it , like the 338 win mag, and the 6.5 creedmoors are pretty accurate and easier on the shoulder. What can you say like pretty much anything I have I like or wouldn't have bought it.
I'll say this, of all my attempts to download big boomers the 375 ruger had been the easiest to get to shoot. I've had miserable luck shooting for low pressure loads or even trail boss type loads for all manner of far shooten louden boomers, but the 375 loaded down to a minimum as well as a greatly reduced trail boss loads that both shoot shockingly well. Dunno if it's the bore efficiency, the cartridge or the gun. But my trail boss load is good, my reduced recoil is good and my spicy loads all shoot really consistent.

I'll say this, of all my attempts to download big boomers the 375 ruger had been the easiest to get to shoot. I've had miserable luck shooting for low pressure loads or even trail boss type loads for all manner of far shooten louden boomers, but the 375 loaded down to a minimum as well as a greatly reduced trail boss loads that both shoot shockingly well. Dunno if it's the bore efficiency, the cartridge or the gun. But my trail boss load is good, my reduced recoil is good and my spicy loads all shoot really consistent.
I was shooting the Buffalo Bore during break-in and look forward to developing loads for it. I have a big Brake on mine with an Indian Creek BFD(Blast Forward Device) the recoil is more of a push into the shoulder. But I really like shooting the caliber. Thanks for the info.

Oh man favourite is a funny word. I have a thing for my belted magnums more than any other cartridges in my inventory.

.257 weatherby
.300 win mag
.358 Norma mag .

For wildcats or semiwildcats in the future

A big 6mm of some kind. Prob 6mm-06 or .240 Gibbs.

30xc/.300 raptor

.470 capstick (would settle for a .458 Lott but always know it wasn't what I really wanted)