Whacked a yote with my 257 Roy tonight.

MOJO67

Whacked another Coyote tonight with ol' Roy. This time the 115 BST did just a skosh more damage than the last one. Hehe!!!

After waiting out a thunderstorm, sitting in one of our deer blinds, I brought this guy in with my e-caller. Started out with a Lightning Jack, but no luck, then to a Distressed Field Mouse and still nothing. Then tried one I've never used..a Distressed Kitten. I ran with it for a few minutes and was about to pack up and move when this guy pops out of the woods 180 yds away. I let a 115 BST fly his direction at 3450. Bullet entered the left shoulder and exited the right. Hard to tell from the pic, but this dude was fairly big.

btw...This is my favorite gun at the moment. Custom 257 Wby...Brux barrel, Howa action, B&C Medalist, Zeiss Conquest 3x9. The darn thing just shoots. No fuss.

Entrance....

Exit...

Below are the entrance and exit pics from a Coyote I shot last week. Not near the damage as the one tonight. It was the same load.

Congrats on the kills. I love to see coyotes used as a good backstop.
I have a Vanguard in 257WM but no kills yet. Working on a Savage build in 243AI for predators.

What was it that someone said about feral cats. Natures Ballistic gelatin, think coyotes and wolves fit into that category as well

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.