Weems rifles?

MtPockets

Anyone know anything about Weems custom rifles?
I have a friend who bought a VERY nice Weems custom Sako in .284. Beautiful rifle, but he is having a hard time getting it to shoot.
Anyone have any experience or knowledge of the builder?

Anyone ever heard of Weems? My friend thinks he may have been in Texas but would like to find out more before selling/trading/rebarreling the gun.

It's a beautiful rifle but that means nothing if it won't shoot.

Anyone???

I found this on an old auction...other than that not much info out there.

"The side of the barrel is marked "WEEMS" and we were able to find references to a Texas gun maker named Cecil Weems who was known for his spectacular stocks. The stock on this rifle IS spectacular."

I found this on an old auction...other than that not much info out there.

"The side of the barrel is marked "WEEMS" and we were able to find references to a Texas gun maker named Cecil Weems who was known for his spectacular stocks. The stock on this rifle IS spectacular."
Thanks. Thats about we found, too.
The stock on my friends rifle is spectacular but he really wanted a shooter.
My guess is he'll probably rebarrel it.

What weight of bullets is he trying? Maybe it's a slower twist barrel? Kind of a random thought process but I found an obituary for a Elec Cecil Weems (a Texas Gunsmith) who died in 1990. Heavy for caliber, VLD's, & fast twist barrels weren't as common. Just a thought. If he hasn't already, try something 140gr or below (non pointy bullet).

1705197331505.png

Last edited: