Weeks take exactly.

Here is a little over pressure problem, lead poisoning is the best medicine.
Screenshot_20200406-222011_Gallery.jpg

Its been a tough couple of weeks over here in Indiana, they wont respond to anything and then my E call laid broke but its on the way back from repair and i got a spare now as well, cold front moved in for the next 10 days so I'm hoping they will stir a little easier

Five in one week two over bait three called,not earth shattering but in a year you can stack up betView attachment 184903ween 30 and 50 kills easily,if you stay with it,I do.The turkey buzzards just started today to feast,in one week nothing but bones will be here.
Man, you're letting the buzzards eat hundred dollar bill's. Those 2 pale totes in your photo are worth money if taken when prime. The brown ones not so much but still worth processing. Hate to see good fur wastes. An old trapper.

Man, you're letting the buzzards eat hundred dollar bill's. Those 2 pale totes in your photo are worth money if taken when prime. The brown ones not so much but still worth processing. Hate to see good fur wastes. An old trapper.
Agreed,but it's too late in season late Dec,and Jan would have skinned them or sold them to buckskinners or taxidermists.

Fur bearers prime due to the change in the amount of day light as the days get shorter , hormones change and cause their fur to grow longer and thicker. The fur on their hips breaks off as time goes on due to them setting on them , some of it is due to the fur getting frozen to snow and being pulled when they get up . You have singed looking fur from their fur ageing like your hair splits when it gets dried out . This happens at different times in different locations and I have seen it as early as mid December when we had a cold snowy winter . Some fur buyers are more picky about rub , or breaking fur then others . Bobcats prime later then fox and coyote and stay prime longer as well .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.